Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What makes the SYS blink?

I agree with you. Your Vette color also matches your house address plate. :)

I agree with you. Your Vette color also matches your house address plate. :)

It is not address plate. It says "FB parking only". FB is the short for Fenerbahce which is the BEST SOCCER TEAM in Turkey :beer

BTW I read 12.3V after charging with the Battery Tender. It took close to 20 hours to bring it from 11.9 to 12.3V

Is that normal, I mean the 12.3V???

Selim

Selim,
A battery full charged should show 13.9/14.3
It seems to me that the battery needs replacement.

But the battery tender goes to green light meaning that it is fully charged???

Confused :rotfl

Selim

With the Sys blinking you should be able to pull a DTC or code from your system. I would not start replacing items till troubleshooting cause is determined. Even if the Sys light is not blinking the code should be set.

The battery tender doesn't show you voltage. Green light doesn't meant it's fully charged. When I charge my Makita drill batteries it shows the green light but, after using the drill for 5 minutes the battery is dead. You have to use a voltage-meter and like I said in my previous post if the meter doesn't show you 13.9/14.3 at the battery then the battery needs replacement.

What good is the Battery Tender then??? Arghhhh :( Does it just pump in a few milivolts and stop??? I read in the web site that it will turn on the green light when the battery is fully charged. But somehow it does not!

Selim

Please don't even try that. Turkish is a very difficult language to learn and practice. You may end up saying "z" while you really meant "a". There are so many rules & slangs in our language...

I think your battery has reached into the deep south.

I think your battery has reached into the deep south.

Well it does not look quite that way Jack. Yesterday I started the car (after one week in the garrage) and it started with no hesitation. Vrrrrummmmm :beer I measured battery voltage as 12.2V before cranking the engine. Looks and sounds good to me :upthumbs

Cheers,

Selim

Get a battery tender and use it everytime you park your car and you will not have the problem. Cars sitting for more than a week will draw down the battery because of the PCM, BCM & radio. Even unhooking the battery (not reccomended) will lose its charge and any battery below 12.75 is less than 3/4 charged and an alternator cannot fully charge a low battery no matter howw many miles you drive.
Works for me my ZR-1 OEM battery lasted 8 years.

Question if your SYS is blinking

Mine is, and when I try to use the trip monitor buttons to change the display, they won't work. Does yours change even though the SYS is blinking. I just changed my oil and now can't reset the oil change light.

Mine is, and when I try to use the trip monitor buttons to change the display, they won't work. Does yours change even though the SYS is blinking. I just changed my oil and now can't reset the oil change light.

My oil change reset never worked... Although I tried instructions from the owner's manual several times it never did :( So I gave up on it long time ago :eyerole

Selim

Take care now. The C-4 alternators aren't very stout to begin with and if you're overtaxing one by charging a weak battery, it's a good way to burn it up in a hurry. The SYS usually means a dead or dying battery.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom