Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What more does PTM give me

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
What is the driving handling difference, with all the computers on, between TRACK MODE, without PTM on and TRACK MODE with PTM on say in Sport 1? Or otherwords what is the advantage of going to Sport 1 over just Track Mode?

Different systems get turned off as you climb up the different PTM modes. For example, in Sport 2, Active Handling is turned off.

Thanks for that info. But I knew that. My questions was is track mode any different than Performance Trac 1,2 & 3?

well, you have to be in TRACK mode in order to engage PTM and then as indicated you can then select the different PTM and TURN OFF functionality - check owner's manual starting around page 195 and on where TRACK mode and PTM are all spelled out

Last edited:
I read all that and there really isn't any definitive information on exactly what the different modes do like in power available and say with PTM in DRY how is that different than just track mode without the PTM? Plain Track and Track PTM DRY both have active handling on and traction control on so how are they "different"? I wish someone would research it extensively and then publish a book on it. When I first drag raced someone said to go to Track PTM and into "race" and that gives you the most power and you can use launch control. I did all that and it did kick butt. But why?

sounds like a question for Tadge

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom