Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Paint

R

rickrendo

What's the best paint to use on the #'s and letters on the plenum and valve covers? Would you suggest gloss black or semi with a covering of clear? Also what type of paint, acrilic or? I know I've seen it answered somewhere, but can't find it now. Thanks for any and all advice.

What's the best paint to use on the #'s and letters on the plenum and valve covers? Would you suggest gloss black or semi with a covering of clear? Also what type of paint, acrilic or? I know I've seen it answered somewhere, but can't find it now. Thanks for any and all advice.
I use Testors model paint- gloss black- works like a charm!:beer

zipinz, Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if gloss black was right and my son would have me do it in red if he had his way. I want to keep it as stock as I can so I'll go with black. Thanks again.

no problemo

zipinz, Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if gloss black was right and my son would have me do it in red if he had his way. I want to keep it as stock as I can so I'll go with black. Thanks again.

For something as inexpensive as a tiny bottle of Testor's, why not try both and see how you like it? It can't take THAT long to paint it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom