Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What rear end do I have??

Machine15825

Corvette
1984 C4
What rear end does an 84 vette have Dana 36 or dana 44? I think its a 36 but not sure. I'm looking into rebuilding mine and putting a set of 3:54 or 3:73. I have an automatic. Any suggestions?

It is a dana 36 with a 3.07. The only option was a 3.31 in manual trans cars and there were only 410 made with the 3.31. I bought a set of 3.54 rear end complete from ebay. I have not yet installed it on my 85 vette.

All 84s have Dana 36 axles

Starting in 1985, the Dana 44 was used in cars with manual transmissions but the D36 was in all cars with automatics.

You will find that going to the 3.54 gear set in the D36 with an automatic and a stock or near stock engine may improve acceleration but will decrease gas mileage.

If the engine is modified for a significant increase in torque output, you may find the 3.54 is actually too low.

i have a 84 4+3 how can i find out what gears are in this rearend....ed
your RPO sticker that in the car, under the storage compartment lid...or check the window sticker if you have it

Hey VettesPlus did you want a set of those Emblems? if yes, which one did you want ( you will get a set, one on each side )

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture1108t-40th-30th-anniversary.jpg
<---- LT4 style.....
vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture1126t-40th-anniversary-zr-1-my-30th-anniv-design-vin-added.jpg
<-------- ZR-1 Style.....

here's what they look like on the side panels
cac23.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom