Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What safety/security equipment do you...

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
...carry in your solid axle or midyear Corvette?

I carry a fire extinguisher, road flares, extra engine oil, wind-up flashlight, 12-volt trouble light, extra fuses, assortment of wrenches, screwdrivers, jumper wire, assorted pills for the MSD, etc. I also carry a copy of the original order showing the 2N14AB SIDE DUAL EXHAUST to help explain to those baby-faced traffic cops why my car is so damn loud. ;)

I'd like to add a few items that I haven't thought of for those 1,600-mile round trips to Bowling Green. Let's hear what's in your Corvette.

I carry a small Rubbermaid plastic toolbox (just fits in the passenger side stowage compartment) with sockets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, fuses, wire, points and condenser, knife, shop rags, test light, 2 spark plugs, a couple sizes of hose clamps, mini-Maglite flashlight, etc. - have never had to use it. Also carry a cell phone and AAA flatbed card and a Halon extinguisher.

:beer

In My Tool Kit

black tape, grey tape fuses, razor blades, knife, spark plugs, hose clamps, radiator sealer, test light, asstd. wrenches and tools. fix a flat can. flashlight and flares(2)
fire extinguisher, oil filter, fuel filter. asst. rags for wiping hands and clean ups.
AAA card, cell phone.

NO SPARE lol.

Spare fan/alternator belt...JM2C

OK, I will add another and suffer the consequences here. A pair of pantyhose in case of a belt failure. Nothing stronger than nylon and a universal fit.

As for me,,,,

Along with an assortment of all necessary roadside tools, including a hydraulic jack, and a jack stand, I also carry 12 volt trouble light, tire iron, and a generous mix of fluids. I have quarts of motor oil, brake, and power steering fluids, radiator stop leak, and one of every belt used on the engine. It goes without saying that I never leave home without my CAA card, and also carry two cans of fix-a-flat, with my fire extinguisher. Last but not least, a spare electronic ignition module from " Lectric Limited " in case mine should ever fail.

Should I not be able to get, or keep it running with all this, I'll have it hauled home on a flat bed.

Stepinwolf

Well I have never travled further then 3 hours from home with any of my collector cars. I have always had just a small bag of tools and fuses.

I always have a credit card and some cash.

I have said it before I am nervous about the BG trip and I am unsure of what to pack.

IH2LOSE said:
Well I have never travled further then 3 hours from home with any of my collector cars. I have always had just a small bag of tools and fuses.

I always have a credit card and some cash.

I have said it before I am nervous about the BG trip and I am unsure of what to pack.

Meet us in Buffalo and we'll travel together. ;)

67HEAVEN said:
Meet us in Buffalo and we'll travel together. ;)

I really have to spend some time mapping this out. As bufflo is about a 7 hr run for me.

How much further do we have to go from there?

PS I will be up in niagra falls on buisness next week ,How far are you from the falls

JohnZ said:
I carry a small Rubbermaid plastic toolbox (just fits in the passenger side stowage compartment) with sockets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, fuses, wire, points and condenser, knife, shop rags, test light, 2 spark plugs, a couple sizes of hose clamps, mini-Maglite flashlight, etc. - have never had to use it. Also carry a cell phone and AAA flatbed card and a Halon extinguisher.

:beer

Of course you've never had to use it...but leave it behind one time....:)

paul67 said:
OK, I will add another and suffer the consequences here. A pair of pantyhose in case of a belt failure. Nothing stronger than nylon and a universal fit.

And you've carried the pair of pantyhose with the "in case of a belt failure" excuse ever since your wife found a pair in the car that weren't her color, right?;) :rotfl

I also carry some small aligator clip jumper leads, a multi meter, elec tape, and I don't leave home without my tire plug kit. Some times there's a compressor around. Just plug the hole and fill'er up. Had to do that a couple of times.

HOLLEY CARB STUF

Don't forget those Holley carb parts. Those metal boxes AOL disc came in are perfect for bowl and metering block gaskets, with room for spare jets. Also don't forget to carry a spare Holley fuel pump(for those of you who have 502's with no mechanical fuel pump provision), you never know when one will die. Its easier to have the fuel fittings already installed in the pump for when you are on the side of the road cussing holley.Carry a small neetle nose vice grip to shut off the fuel to the pump by crimping the fuel line. As you can tell from above advice I have been there. John

Halon fire extinguisher
Pepper spray grizzly bear and car jacker extinguisher
car alarm cell phone
wiper refills
tire plug kit
digital multimeter
swim trunks
Chilton manual
slot&phillips screwdriver
12v power supply, radar det.
44s plugs,8,gapped,new
44s plugs,8,gapped,used
1/4 & 3/8 drive socket set
plastic poncho
overalls
rubber gloves
rags
rear wheel bearings & seals
rear spindle puller
filmCont w hardware & fuses
1/2 beaker&extn&adapt.to 3/8
1/2 sockets for plugs&wheels
1/2 & 9/16 box end wrench
3/8 & 7/16 open end wrench
tool (brake) for hubcaps
fuse kit w tool
wiper arm tool
small knife w sizzor
10in Crescent wrench
10in vise grip
1156&1157 bulb
flex allen points adjuster
points&condnsr&rotor
waterpump gaskets
fan bolts & collar
rubber gloves
paper towels
jumper wires
(2)headlamps
waterpump

Unless I missed it in your post's.... None of you guys carry the most important Item Of all..

DUCT TAPE..!!!

magicv8 said:
Halon fire extinguisher
Pepper spray grizzly bear and car jacker extinguisher
car alarm cell phone
wiper refills
tire plug kit
digital multimeter
swim trunks
Chilton manual
slot&phillips screwdriver
12v power supply, radar det.
44s plugs,8,gapped,new
44s plugs,8,gapped,used
1/4 & 3/8 drive socket set
plastic poncho
overalls
rubber gloves
rags
rear wheel bearings & seals
rear spindle puller
filmCont w hardware & fuses
1/2 beaker&extn&adapt.to 3/8
1/2 sockets for plugs&wheels
1/2 & 9/16 box end wrench
3/8 & 7/16 open end wrench
tool (brake) for hubcaps
fuse kit w tool
wiper arm tool
small knife w sizzor
10in Crescent wrench
10in vise grip
1156&1157 bulb
flex allen points adjuster
points&condnsr&rotor
waterpump gaskets
fan bolts & collar
rubber gloves
paper towels
jumper wires
(2)headlamps
waterpump
and a Partridge in a pear tree...
magic, you have room for a passenger in there after all that?:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom