Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What size is the throttle body on a Standard C5 vs a Z06??

Don&Kelly

Corvette
2000 Red Coupe & 2008 Crystal Red Metallic Convert
I drive a C5 Coupe and a friend of mine is changing the throttle body on his Z06 - He wants to sell it to me and neither of us know if it's larger than mine or not .

He believes the Z06 is a 78 mm throttle body, but does not know what the stock C5 comes with.

Also, whats a fair price for both of us??

Thanks for any help.

The size of MAF changed during the C5 run, later model years use a larger unit than earlier years. I believe the later year ZO6 models are bigger yet.

C5 Throttle Body

LSK said:
Stock C5 comes with 78mm.

Hello LSK and welcome to the forum. I see that you are a Chicago guy and was wondering what area of the city?? I am in the western suburbs along the Fox river. Are you in a club or just a guy who loves his Vette and others?

RJ

RJS91RGTP said:
Hello LSK and welcome to the forum. I see that you are a Chicago guy and was wondering what area of the city?? I am in the western suburbs along the Fox river. Are you in a club or just a guy who loves his Vette and others?

RJ

Hi

I live in Roselle. I used to be with mfba (f-body group) when I had a 95 Z. Now Im not in any "clubs", but I know a lot of guys around here with fast vettes (C5s and ZR1s - all definately not stock ;)).

Well, back to the original subject, MAFs changed size in 01 with the intro of the Z06, but throttle bodies are all 78mm.

I just checked this myself. I bought a throttle body from an 02 Z06 for my 02 vert that I plan to have Mark Shaner do his thing to.

Since the MAF is larger, would I want the larger MAF? off his Z06 ??

How would that help or hurt?

Hi you Western suburbs guys. I'm from St. Charles. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Ken

Throttle body size

Hello kenc5!! I am located in Batavia and I am always looking for Vette friends in the greater Fox Valley area. Are you in any local clubs? My wife and I are not in a club but just hang out with fellow Vette nuts that we have met over the years.

RJ

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom