Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What the Devil's going on? Corvette team said to be working on Ford GT fighter

Blue Devil

Why bother building a new platform for a new car that is a Corvette? They already have a new platform. The C6. There is so much potential to draw from the history of Corvette. I'm for calling the car Stingray and using the C5R 427 motor or a blown or twin turboed version of the same motor. Heck, since the whole motor is aluminum they could bring back the ZL-1 name and give it to the car rather than just the motor. Corvette is all about kicking the asses of the much higher priced comptition but at much lower prices. They can make the C6 perform and handle as well as the GT. I'm wiiling to bet that the new C6 is probably close in handling numbers as the GT and only needs 80 or 90hp to catch its power. They could do a production of 1000 cars a year, similar to Viper and since most of the parts are already available, the car could probably be done for around $70,000 or so. The car could have mildly modified fenders, like ZR1 cars with wider fender flares and wider wheels and tires. This car could be wild and subtle at the same time. Could you imagine a C6 with 13" wide wheels inside the fenders?

Burned to the ground? Is GM making the Crown Victoria now that Ford dropped it?

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Why bother building a new platform for a new car that is a Corvette? They already have a new platform. The C6. There is so much potential to draw from the history of Corvette. I'm for calling the car Stingray and using the C5R 427 motor or a blown or twin turboed version of the same motor. Heck, since the whole motor is aluminum they could bring back the ZL-1 name and give it to the car rather than just the motor. Corvette is all about kicking the asses of the much higher priced comptition but at much lower prices. They can make the C6 perform and handle as well as the GT. I'm wiiling to bet that the new C6 is probably close in handling numbers as the GT and only needs 80 or 90hp to catch its power. They could do a production of 1000 cars a year, similar to Viper and since most of the parts are already available, the car could probably be done for around $70,000 or so. The car could have mildly modified fenders, like ZR1 cars with wider fender flares and wider wheels and tires. This car could be wild and subtle at the same time. Could you imagine a C6 with 13" wide wheels inside the fenders?

what ever it is i hope it is as good as they say it is

I think that they should name any new super car Corvette, ZL-1. There has never been a car with that moniker and it has historical significance. Using an all auminum 427 would make it a perfect candidate for that name. Also, with 500 hp the ZO6 should be close 1/4 mile competition for the GT right out of the box. I would love to see GM get the same balls that Dodge has had when they produced the Viper among others. :cool

Well, the C6 Corvette wins hands down...

Because I can actually afford that one!

GT ho-hum

I am not sure the C-6 is all that far from being a GT killer. I have photos of one aboard a plane, enroute to Japan. Just between us :s, the fellow who drove the GT to the loading area said it feels about as fast as my car, (I surprised him with a ride) which is slightly quicker than the new 'Z' is said to be.

Blower atop the SBF is said to deliver 500/500, in a package that is lighter than my C-4. BTW, I've not heard of ANY GT going for sticker. $250 or $300k; YES. The car has VERY LIMITED head room; more than a Countach, less than any Vette.

Also, I hear Dick Guldstrand has a twin blower setup ready for the C-6.

Last I heard, the GT actually makes somewhere around 565 horsepower.

I just want to see a 450 plus hp drop top C-6, with some of the carbon fiber and aluminum parts from the super Vettes. I know that timid GM won't put the 500hp LS-7 engine in a convertible, but why not offer a convertible "performance package" with more power over the base LS-2?? And some of those light weight goodies...???

Chevy is offering a real reason (the performance) to buy the c-6 zo6 even if you're not completely sold on the new styling. For us convertible fans, there isn't enough performance difference in the c-6 to justify buying one when you're luke warm on the styling.

Just my conspiracy theory mind working. Before all the official unveiling I'm going to predict that the 500 HP Z06 with aluminum frame we've all been seeing the last few weeks is the Blue Devil and a huge price and the real consumer Z06 is the under wraps convertible at the show that will have the 500HP 427 but not the aluminum and carbon treatment allowing GM to sell a consumer Z06 at a reasonable price. Just a crazy thought.

We'll know very soon now.

Whiplash ;)

interesting thought whiplash. I disagree but hope you are right. I think GM is sending a clear message that the Z06 is a highly specialized and VERY expensive toy for the wealthy or wanna be wealthy. goat.

This thread is sort of like predicting the end of the world yesterday now! :)

ROCKETBLOCK said:
This thread is sort of like predicting the end of the world yesterday now! :)
Yup,, Time to retire this thread.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Everyone that thinks the C6 Z06 will be a hyper-expensive,ZR type car, WILL get their dirt out of my hole NOW!

Strother Martin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom