Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What the heck are they?

itsa64

Corvette
1964 Riverside Red
I noticed in the Corvette Restoration Guide that several photos of the undersides of the cars show some type of metal (or plastic) covers bolted to the frame near the engine bay. They appear to be either rain sheilds or for heat flow.

Anyone know what they are? Does anyone have them on their car? Who sells them? ;help

I noticed in the Corvette Restoration Guide that several photos of the undersides of the cars show some type of metal (or plastic) covers bolted to the frame near the engine bay. They appear to be either rain sheilds or for heat flow.

Anyone know what they are? Does anyone have them on their car? Who sells them? ;help

They are dust shields ( 4 ) and every Corvette reseller can supply them.

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf thanks...
Were they stock?

Yep,

The two front pieces are bolted to the lower and inner fender with rubber weatherstripping on both sides. The two rear sections bolt to the frame where the frame bends towards the side rails.

Stepinwolf

I believe that cars with side exhaust did not have all four shields (inner and outer).

Sidepipe cars had all four shields, but the two outers didn't have the rubber seals stapled to them (the headpipe passing below them melted the seals if installed).

:beer

Sorry, I stand corrected.

Thanks guys.

They are Splash Shields and they have them at Ecklers...

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=30821&dept_id=1351

If you have A-C, IMO you will regret installing them, since they restrict air flow from the engine compartment. You can make shields that allow air flow from sheet aluminum. The cost is about the same and they are a lot lighter.
al.splash.shields.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom