Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what to do first?????

N

Nick Smith

I can either go ahead finish lowering my car, do sway bars and will wood brakes with stainless lines, or go with cam, and hardened valves. With the underdrive pully next. both options just over 3500 by the time i get done. Which would you choose.

It is fast now. So it would make sense to stop fast and turn well.

yeah but i already have z51 with drilled and slotted rotors so it stops fast and its already lowered Aswell which is what makes the decision hard

Well its time to make it go faster. Then you will need the brake upgrade.

KenF said:
Well its time to make it go faster. Then you will need the brake upgrade.

What he said!!! Unless you run on the track a lot and really need the extra breaks, go for the cam etc. I've never driven a C6 but I would imagine it not very lacking for breaks to begin with.

Brett

where you are now I would go for more power...
For a little boost for your brakes when you race it? add racing brake fluid...It will help in keeping your pedal hard because the boiling point is raised much higher...

Nick Smith said:
I can either go ahead finish lowering my car, do sway bars and will wood brakes with stainless lines, or go with cam, and hardened valves. With the underdrive pully next. both options just over 3500 by the time i get done. Which would you choose.

What is your goal?

my goal in the end is to have an ati procharger and a 10 sec car but also with a smaller pully to go run the occasional track days

dropped the vette off this morning we are going fo rthe break upgrades the shop guaranteed 1 sec off my lap time by going with 14 in brakes with will wood and the cam would nt change too much besides 45 hp we will wait a month and see how things look i kind of want to wait and do heads and cam all at once so i can really feel the power thanx for the imput guys

got the car back last night and the car handles like a dream definatley stops faster this weekend i will do some 100 to zero and see how fast it is really stopping

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom