Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What To Do this Spring?

Chick B.

Corvette
1998, coupe, white
Have had my 1998 coupe for 1 1/2 years....1 full summer. I'd added new chrome wheels, new tires, floor mats and cargo mat. Have had some mechanical and electrical items replaced due to age. My first plan of attack this Spring will be to have it thoroughly and professionally detailed. Although I enjoy cleaning it during the summer I don't have the patience anymore for doing the kind of job it requires to spend detailing.
With that said, I'm looking for suggestions on how I can improve appearance, performance, or both, in about a month, when I bring it out of storage.
As it sits, it still has the original exhaust, which, at the time mine was built, were still the black exhaust ports. Does anyone have a recommendation for new exhaust? Anything you guys have had a great experience with or a bad experience with pertaining to exhaust?
Any other cosmetic or performance recommendations?
In advance, thank you, for the help.

Chick B.

For your C5, I would recommend the Corsa Sport or Touring exhaust systems. With either one, use their x-pipe. I've had the Corsa systems on my 2 C5s and also on my C6 and I love the agressive sound and the high quality of the Corsa product. If you go to the Midamerica website, you can listen to the different systems. I've found that Jegs in Columbus Ohio has some really good prices!! Good luck, and have fun!!! Beware of "drone" on the cheaper systems...

I have the Corsa Sport system on my 01 and love the sound, look and quality of it. You might consider a CAI as well. I also had a mail-order tune done to mine. In reality, that probably did the most for the least amount of money.

Spring? Real men go racing. You girly boys can play in the garage. :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Chick B I would recommend you listen to a couple of different types of exhaust systems in person in order to identify the tone you like. I believe the Corsa has a slightly higher tone than the Borla for example. And also upon acceleration just before and after the shift point you can hear what type of sound you like as well, or what you want the one behind you to hear:)

I also had a mail-order tune done to mine. In reality, that probably did the most for the least amount of money.

What brand of mail-order tune?

Chick B I would recommend you listen to a couple of different types of exhaust systems in person in order to identify the tone you like. I believe the Corsa has a slightly higher tone than the Borla for example. And also upon acceleration just before and after the shift point you can hear what type of sound you like as well, or what you want the one behind you to hear:)

What brand of mail-order tune?

Doug, I used East Coast Supercharging. They have tuned so many Corvettes with all different types of bolt on's, that they have quite a library of tunes on hand. And hundreds (if not thousands) of satisfied customers.

East Coast Supercharging, Home of the Fastest Performance Supercharged, Turbo C5, C6, Z06, Corvette, GTO, CTSV, GM Trucks, Installers, Dynotuners, Performance Parts Retailers

Mail Order Tuning FAQ's

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/images/instructions/pcm_removal_c5_corvette.pdf

Thanks, I will see what I can have without asking the boss. She thinks it has enough power already:L

I just got signed up for the Black Hills Classic in July. Also got all set up for the Falls Color Run in Lacrosse WI in October. Now trying to decide if I'm gonna head out to the rally in Bozeman in May...such decisions! :happyanim:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom