Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Wax to use

D

Dave1998

Hi, i just bought a red 1998 C5 3 weeks ago with low miles that was garage kept. I dont see any swirls and just want to apply the right finish wax that wont build up and is best for this car.

Can you offer any suggestions ?
thanks
Dave

Ask the seller what he did to keep it in such cherry shape!

:w

I bought car from dealer and they have a privacy rule that prevents them from telling me the name of prior owner.
Strange but true

Our Vette looks sweet with Zaino's products. My brother's 1996 roadster looks nice with Carnuba, but he waxes it monthly.

Yes, he's a maniac.

I have used Zaino Brothers exclusively since i bought my her this last summer. My Vette is black and you have to be very careful what you use on a black finish. I use carnuba on the polished wheels. She is garaged under cover if i am not driving her (due to foul weather) and i use a duster with Mcguires detail spray for touch-ups between washes. I think that there are many good products out there but ZB is the best for black vettes!

Don't forget to wave!:Steer

Dave,

In Canada we have a used vehicle info package from the Ministry of transportation that tells you all the names of the previous owners.

Do they have anything like this in the US.

Mart

I have used Meguiar's and Zaino's products on my 98 Vette.The Meguiars professional produts do a great job. Zaino's products are a little harder to use but can give you a deeper shine and last much longer.

I've pretty much used them all, but to me, nothing beats Zaino. Its durability and shine are top notch. I regularly use the other Zaino products too, as they are also excellent products.

:)

Exterior cleaner

I recommend a product named Zymol. Only use in areas of 2' X 2' increments and remove with a diaper cloth. You will be pleased.

Ahhhhhhhhh Nooooo Diapers.

There is no nap to lift the particles away from the surface, use only 100% cotton terry cloths.

The cloth diapers are too smooth and a closed surface to lift grit away from the surface.

Mart

I have had good luck with 3M products..

you can get them at NAPA. I especially like the "Show Car Finish" (or something like that), it put a really wet and long-lasting shine on my pewter 98, plus it was easy to apply/take off.

I've been using Meguires products since the early 70's. I havent found any products that are any better, or any easier to use.

Meguires has my vote. I like the Gold Class liquid on my Navy Blue Metallic paint. (Smooooooth, fast and easy). USA made 100% cotton terry towels are the way to go.

Zaino gets a bad rap re: cost and difficulty, in my opinion.

First pass is a bit labor intensive, but from that point on, it is great. Z2/5 products apply/remove very easily and the resultant shine after a brief pass with Z6 is incredible.

As always, just my $0.02

Meguires gold class (liquid)is my personal favorite.

My $.02 for Zaino too. The durability of Zaino is incredible. Best stuff I've used. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom