Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

what wax to use

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
just got a new paint job on my 73 with 2 coats of clear coat,what wax should i use after the 1st 6wks.

thanks
tom

"...... what wax should i use"

What does the paint shop recommend? ... After all, they are the guys you are gonna return the car to if the paint job goes sour.

:) hieee and welcome to the CAC!!!:)
personally I've found that for older finishes "liquid glass" works great, Its a hassel to apply but well worth the effort "opinion" it keeps my 77 looking good
sherry:)

Big fan of Meguiras myself, but I'm open to other suggestions.

As Randy said, what does the paint shop suggest?

I use Zaino and love it. I have over ten coats on my Avalanche, and only 2 on my Vette. (Just got the Vette though) On new clearcoat, You could cut out the washing with Dawn first, and probably the clay too.

Another vote for Zaino. It isn't cheap, but it goes a long ways. I have 2 coats on my 04 Avalanche, and 5 on the Vette. I lasts much longer than typical carnuba based wax. The first application can be alot of work depending on the condition of the paint. On new paint, it won't be bad at all.

Baron138 said:
I use Zaino and love it. I have over ten coats on my Avalanche, and only 2 on my Vette. (Just got the Vette though) On new clearcoat, You could cut out the washing with Dawn first, and probably the clay too.
I agree, but a clay bar would not hurt the finish.

IMO

Zaino gets my vote as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom