Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What would be a fair price for this LT-1?

97moneypit

What would be a fair price for this?

I have been looking around for a 1970 or 1971 C3 and ran across this one. I love the color and looks of this 1970 LT-1 that has not been priced yet. Just to try to educate myself and to get some idea about the value of C-3s, I wanted to pose a couple of questions to you savvy, experienced forum members.

1. What would you think is a fair, reasonable price? ;shrug

and conversely, just for :D

2. What do you guess will be their asking price?

Sorry, no prizes for closest guess.....except the satisfaction you get for being right....

:w

http://www.mershons.com/view_photo.asp?ID=9218&image=Exterior

:eek Wow! That's a cherry Vette. Really taken care of, lasted the time. I would say it's probably worth $14+k. Firstly, it has an LT-1 in it which is a very desirable small block. Numbers are matching which makes the cheese that much more binding. Interior looks pristene (sp?). Exterior looks great, nice paint job all stock. Under the hood is nice (just seems to be a little surface rust that would be no problem in getting off).

That would be my best guess. Anybody else? :D

TR

That car will bring well over 30k if what they say is correct. Lt-1's Bring a premium and very few were fitted with A/C. Plus it is a bloomington car so that tacks on some more. I am gonna guess 32k

Alwyn678 said:
That car will bring well over 30k if what they say is correct. Lt-1's Bring a premium and very few were fitted with A/C. Plus it is a bloomington car so that tacks on some more. I am gonna guess 32k

;stupid plus Mershons always prices a bit high

I am working on a 71 LT1 right now that I'm selling. It has 78K original miles, tank sticker documentation. The engine is being completely rebuilt, new clutch, rebuilt front suspension, new exhaust. The numbers match on the block, heads, intake, distibutor, exhaust manifolds, alternator. The body looks to have never been hit, all body gaps are perfect. Bumpers are replated. Interior is very nice with new door panels and carpet. Seat covers are original.
The interior is original except for aftermarket radio. The original color was dark green metallic, but it's now dark red, and a driver quality paint job.
I'm asking $21,900 for this car with the red paint. I'm in the San Diego area.

Greg

If it's what the dealer says and the fact that it is being sold by a dealer...my guess is hes asking $34,999.97. A fair price would be 28k.

Guys...I'm posting under my husband's user name but this is an interesting conversation to me. We have an interested buyer for our LT1 but feel he's not understanding the value and not willing to pay what it's worth.
It's been a bit of a hassle.
It's his first corvette so maybe that's why? He's done
lots of research but he's still on the el cheap-o side!
He's had other classic cars too.
Hope he doesn't see this?! ;-)
LeAnn

Remember there were only 200 LT-1's fitted with A/C that year!!

?
Am I missing something? I didn't see the ad mention it had AC...
1972 is the only year LT-1's had AC
I guess it must have been really hot back then...

tonyk72 said:
?
Am I missing something? I didn't see the ad mention it had AC...
1972 is the only year LT-1's had AC
I guess it must have been really hot back then...

Look at the pictures you can see the compressor

From a dealer it will be > $30,000 I would guess. I paid $25K for my 1971 pictured below with original miles.

72 was the ONLY year LT-1's were available with AC. The pump you see in the pic of this 70 LT-1 is the factory smog pump, not an AC compressor. If the car is a Bloomington Survivor as stated...a convertible....original drivetrain, etc., it will be listed for well over 30K. Chuck

:eek Oops. I was way off. But what everybody says makes sense. I told you I wasn't an expert at pricing yet. ;)

TR

Seeing as it is a dealer, I will venture a guess of $32,900
AS IS , No warranty!:D

my guess.
They will advertise it for $34,000. It will sit for 4 months and the will sell it for $29,000.

I guess it does not matter as the car was sold in the first week...The guy said the car did have A/C

The description is written to suggest this is not a restored car that is in very good condition. That implies a collector car and suggests they will be asking a high price for it.

Are you looking for a collector car, that is, one that is trailered to shows and displayed, or are you looking for a nice older Corvette that you can drive and enjoy on the road?

My guess is $30 to $35K

Verle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom