Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What would I like to see in the next generation C7

farne230

Corvette
2008 427 Z06 Special Edition #312
I have owned the a C5 and C6 model corvette (coupe & ZO6). I use my corvette everyday, to and from work and am in my mid-50's. I am a sports car fan and enjoy solid performance.

Now with that out of the way here is what I have observed and will recommend:

1. Improve workmanship-solid, no sweeks, loose trim, leaking windows, peeling leather, so forth and so forth.. Get it right the first time and reduce costs for warranty.

2. With this improvement-extend warranty period to 50,000 miles or four years bumber to bumber-Quality and dependability No. One.

3. Regarding a new body appearance-I am a retro man who appreciates smooth lines, super car appearance, we never see a body style like this in production vehicles under $100,000, why not, I believe this would be a winner.

4. Options: Choice your transmition and engine combination;

5. Eliminate the convertable, replace with automatic hard tops, maybe increase the use of light weight materials to off-set weight issues.

6. Interior: Hands Down provide option or make it standard-choice of premium leather interior finishes-plenty on the after market ideas-put into production at a great price and narrow the cosmetic comparisons between imports and corvette. This is a must.

7. Add interior cosmetic options: backlight door sills with Corvette, ZO6, ZR1, ect.

8. Reduce the number of models; see recommendation 5.

9. Improve mpg without lose of performation-consider rear engine design, engine design, material conversion.

10. I like rear engine designs, view the engine through hatch back glass, love it.

Be kind these are my thoughts, what are yours. Maybe Chevy will take notice.

12. Engine shut down if a cell phone is active in the cabin. :L

One suggestion - Don't price it out of the market niche it now occupies.

Improvements I would like to see on the C7

This is my wish list:

(1) 6 or 7 speed auto box across the range including the Z06 and ZR1
(2) 4 Wheel Drive option
(3) Parking sensors, front and rear
(4) Headlamp washers - already available on the global homologation package - should be available in the US also
(5) Revamped Seats with much better lateral support
(6) LED lights - front and rear
(7) Tow hooks - front and rear. These are already available on the global homologation offering but should be offered also in the US. Otherwise it is too easy to damage the suspension when the car has to be towed
(8) Turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. This is already standard for the global homologation package. Should be standard in the US also because it is an important safety feature
(9) Rear LED tail lens package should be offered with amber turn signals and fog lamps. Gives the car a more sophisticated 'European' look and is also an important safety feature. Already standard on the global homologation package. Should be offered as an option for the US too
(10) Much better interior quality including better switch gear and elimination of squeaks and rattles. Still a big and ongoing problem
(11) A metric instrument panel option should also be offered since the standard IP does not allow the driver to know how fast he is travelling above 200 km/h. Since many Corvettisti take their US cars to Mexico, Canada and Europe they don't know how fast they are going unless they are looking at the HUD. Also, a 300-guage IP looks more sophisticated
(12) Power recliners on the revamped seats
(13) Power telescoping and tilting steering wheel. Not just tilting like it is now
(14) Reversing camera integrated into the GPS or the rear view mirror

and that's all folks

Improvements to C7 - part 2

There is one more critical piece of kit that should be added to the C7 that would eliminate the need to offer a metric IP:

(15) - A TFT IP. The Chevy Volt is, I believe, the first GM vehicle to offer it will also be offered on more upcoming vehicles. It is presently offered on the new Range Rover and Jaguar XJ.

Good or great MPG like 30 MPG! The horsepower is great but we can't forget these are driving machines, i would hate to see them only in musuems because we can't afford to drive them. My 2003 Coupe still gets 27 MPG at 65 MPH down the road. I enjoy driving it and would gladly buy another one if the MPG were decent. Besides that i like the suggestions others have about the quality, fit and finish of the Vettes in the future. I am tired of reading all the car mags ripping GM and Corvette every year for the same thing, cheap, plastic, fit and finish poor! When will GM get it right? C7? Wait and see i guess. -Ed

1. A new Le Mans style body-retro would not be bad or transformers style no less;
2.Option, Automatic transmission on ZR1-version;
3. Hard-Top Convertable;
4. Real, High Quality Leather Seats, Customized for Each Edition;
5.Fuel Economy, City 21, HWY. 30; Auto
6. Built into body shape, front license plate holder-just screw it in and it blends in, no more after market-Texas requires two license plates;
7. Old time options, creating sports cars unique to each order;
8. Two stock versions-save money on production line-standard-hard-top-convertable and ZR1 or new name.
9. Mid Engine or rear Engine AWD;
10. Add a corvette club special edition with a racing-functional foil on the back-for example Viper editions;
12. Improve quality;
13. Fix the hood on the ZR1.
Bob

I've read the posts above with interest. Sadly,:mad it seems we have plenty of fat-bottomed-old-guys-having-mid-life-crises , here, who shoulda bought XLRs (if they still made them).

Screw all this talk about articulated hardtops, toys for 21st century digital boys like reverse cameras (on a car the size of a Vette for crissakes :L), European Look (if you want that, move to f'ing France), power recliners (ok, instead of a fat bottom, you got a fat back) and "backlight door sills (how cute would that be?)...

What I want is "performance" with a capital "P".

Give me hard core.

Give me a car themed like the first modern Z06, the 2001, but with the aluminum frame, LS7, manual trans, the HUD, good aftermarket seating but with manual adjustments, a bare-bones stereo system with no tuner, speakers and amp with a connection for my iPod, manual air, decreased (rather than increased) acoustic insulation, no carpet behind the seats, double adjustable shocks, track day spring rates, brakes that stop but don't cost a freakin' gazillion dollars if you have to replace the rotors. Most important it's gotta weigh 3000 pounds with my fat ass in it and half a tank of gas.

As for the Viper wing...unless the car's areo really needs it, leave that to the damn snake charmers.

I've read the posts above with interest. Sadly,:mad it seems we have plenty of fat-bottomed-old-guys-having-mid-life-crises , here, who shoulda bought XLRs (if they still made them).

Screw all this talk about articulated hardtops, toys for 21st century digital boys like reverse cameras (on a car the size of a Vette for crissakes :L), European Look (if you want that, move to f'ing France), power recliners (ok, instead of a fat bottom, you got a fat back) and "backlight door sills (how cute would that be?)...

What I want is "performance" with a capital "P".

Give me hard core.

Give me a car themed like the first modern Z06, the 2001, but with the aluminum frame, LS7, manual trans, the HUD, good aftermarket seating but with manual adjustments, a bare-bones stereo system with no tuner, speakers and amp with a connection for my iPod, manual air, decreased (rather than increased) acoustic insulation, no carpet behind the seats, double adjustable shocks, track day spring rates, brakes that stop but don't cost a freakin' gazillion dollars if you have to replace the rotors. Most important it's gotta weigh 3000 pounds with my fat ass in it and half a tank of gas.

As for the Viper wing...unless the car's areo really needs it, leave that to the damn snake charmers.

AMEN to that. Lightweight+no frills+power=FUN. Simplicity is a virtue. How about an affordable price. 55K+ is stupid, the Vette will price itself right out of the market. 30K-40K would be the area to be. Compete with 370Z/Mustang GT,etc...only be way better and faster and still kick 100K+ cars to the curb.

The one thing I have obersved about the Corvette community is lots of them rarely find the cars limits or even use it remotely like a sports car. Heck, I find back roads to squeal tire on in a turn, drag strips to haul @$$ in a straight line, etc...If you don't run that Corvette through the gears at least once EVERY time you have it out. WOT, BALLS to the wall, banging off the redline, hitting at least the first 3 gears, give me the keys to your Vette and go buy a the aforementioned XLR. I drove a XLR once, uninspired grand touring POS. Felt as lame as a Camry.

Some in the Corvette community DRIVE their cars and to them, I salute you.

In the words of Jeremey Clarkson ..."and a proper manual gear box, none of those stupid, flappy paddles...are you listening Ferrari. Well done, fat man from Kentucky, this is a master piece. " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9nLvvT1HB8

I want a 427 with an automatic, 4.10 rear gear with a high stall speed converter.
Removable targa top
Cloth manual seats
Individual analog gauges
Manual climate control
Simple basic stereo with an aux input

Minimum of air bags and electronics
Multiple tire / wheel options
Factory cold air intake option
Windows compatible diagnostic port

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom