Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats a 85 collectors edition???

M

mikeyc4

Hi guys, been away for a while,but ive got a question for you all,i live over in the UK,and someones selling an 85 vette thats a collectors edition,its got collectors edition all over the normal corvette emblems,basically whats the difference compared to a normal 85 corvette?

Thanks in advance

Mike

I do not believe there were any "Colectors Editions in 85".

Got any pics.

If it's just the badges, they can be changed.

Mart

There was a Collector Edition in 1982 and again in 1996...not 1985.

Elaine

The ’85 is a fine year for Corvette, but, a Collectors Edition RPO does not exist for ’85.

Collectors Editions like the ’82, ’96 and ’04 (Commerative Edition) celebrate the end of a body style.

Anniversary models are ’78s (25th Anniversary), 88’s (35th Anniversary), 93’s (40th Anniversary) and ’03s (50th Anniversary). These models celebrate time intervals.

Sounds as if the owner added aftermarket badging to the car.

B17Crew
:w

40_1_b.jpg

Theres apic of the emblem located on the fuel filler cap,its the same on the bonnet,

That’s a 1996 Collectors Edtions Badge.

B17Crew

Thats what i thought,heres a exterior pic,

b3_1_b.jpg

Nice ’85, I always thought black looked nice on the C4. Looks incredible after a fresh wax/polish.

B17Crew

It may be a nice car but it is no Collector Edition, unless it is one of a kind!! Guy

every Vette is a collectors item ;)

good luck on your Vette hunt, Btw I can advise that if you do not mind to shop abroad you can do some browsing in Germany.

prices are really competative there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom