Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's the difference between these options?

Steamer

Corvette
I was looking at a 94 and it had these two options:FX3-Selective Ride and Handling, Electronic and ZO7 Adjustable Suspension Package. Could you tell me the difference between them? Are these options good to have or just a future expensive repair bill down the road? Thanks ,Bob.

As far as I know Selective Ride has a switch located next to the console between the seats. It has three settings according to road conditions that you can switch between at any time during your ride. Z07? That I do not know. May be something more automatic than the FX-3? Search threads at CAC for both and see what you can get.

Look what I found in a previous thread: "The RPO Z07 "Adjustable Suspension Package" included the FX3 Selective Ride Control, stiffer springs, 275/40-ZR17 tires and 9.5x17 wheels on all four corners, heavy duty brakes and larger sway bars. The Z07 package was available on the coupes only and cost over $2000."

Sounds like Z07 is inclusive of FX-3 plus a few more goodies.

FX3 is the adjustable shock or Selective Ride Control system. It can be had as a stand alone option. That is the way my 92 is - base suspension with the adjustable shocks.

Z07 is the performance handling package. In 1991, GM dropped the Z51 option and added Z07. Basically, Z07 is the heavy duty springs, stabilizer bars and bushings and it includes the FX3 SRC shock system.

Z07 was available from 91 to 95. I wish I had checked off the Z07 block for my 92.

The FX3 shocks are expensive - $200 each or you can have Bilstein rebuild them for about $100 each. The actuators on top of the shocks also fail at times and they are double that each and getting real hard to find. FX3 can be an expensive option to maintain. Then again, I got 100K miles out of mine before they needed anything. At that point, I replaced the shocks for $800 and found 2 actuators going bad. That was another $800. I figure they ought to be good for another 100K - I hope so.

If you buy the car and have problems with the FX3 shocks, you can just install standard Z51 shocks from the 96 and have a fine ride.

Steamer, after I bought my 94 I was running through the RPO codes and found the same thing. I couldn't figure out what the difference was, but now, I know that I have 1 of 884 94's with the Z07 option. Most, as to my understanding, were 6 speed's. Mine is an A4. Looking at the maintenence records for my car I notice that the shocks were replaced about a year and a half ago (at around 80,000 miles) she's got a little over 100k now. It rides a little stiffer than a regular suspensioned car, but handles like a dream.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom