Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whats up from Ohio

Dogg

Hey everybody I'm new to the corvette world. I have been lookin around for one,i found a 74 with T-Tops and the lot wants 8 grand for it. I didnt know if that was a high price or not,it has 92,000 miles. I dont care about the engine anyway because i will go with a new crate engine anyway. Thanks for the info in advance

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

smilies-42650.png

Enjoy the forums Dogg.

:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!

enjoy the forums!!!!

Welcome to CAC, glad you could join us.$8k for the Vette depends on the shape and I guess how bad one wants it, but with the miles and if the car reflects the miles as far as wear & tear might be a tad high. Putting another engine in place of the original would lessen the value of the car I am sure you're aware.

Take care and happy hunting, hope you find one soon.

Bill :w

welcome to CAC good to see another Buckeye, best look the car over for rust in the frame kick-ups and birdcage areas the pre 75 cars usually hold their price better then the 76 on up and 8,000 is on the lower end of the scale. I'm not going to say its a bad deal since August is upon us and a dealer may want to move it off his lot but best look the car over well unless you are buying it to play with.

Hey bossvette what's shake'n there in the buckeye state? Raining cats & dogs here but we can use it.

Bill

:crazy
Bill looks like not much is shakin' over here check out this thread

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97052

too hot outside I guess, I've been making the Rat Rod circuit with the yellow truck I'll post some pictures in another thread in the ORL

Sure would like to get your way before the snow flies that's for sure. But this whole month is shot, my daugter is getting married, a friend of mines son is getting married this month too. My aunt just passed away this AM, work is pure murder, got a promation and inherited another department with 25 people, lonely at the top :ugh ya know. I already had 20 people in my department. Sounds like a great time that's for sure but not in the cards for me :eek:hnoes this year. Maybe next year won't be so frig'n crazy :crazy and I can make it your way.

Take care "MY Man"!

Bill :w

thx for the info fellows,yeah and i do want one to play with. just take my time and put new engine,tranny,and interior and paint job. i need a hobby. thx again:cool

thx for the info fellows,yeah and i do want one to play with. just take my time and put new engine,tranny,and interior and paint job. i need a hobby. thx again:cool

If thats the case just be sure there is no frame rust. There are very few parts that are not being reproduced you can even buy a frame in stainless if you have enough money ;LOL
FYI I paid $4500 for my 76 and $11,900 for my 68 Vert the Wife paid $8000 for her 82 CE $8,000 is a little high for a rubber bumper project car

Sounds like a plan, good luck on the hunt. Not sure I have all the energy for that these days. But when I retire I may take on a program like that as well.

Bill :beer Here's look'n @Ya. . . . . . . .

Hey Dogg, welcome to the CAC and good luck with the 74.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom