Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's Up

gsmi837

Corvette
2004 Z-06 Black on Black
Has anybody w/C-5 Z-06 got a crack at a new C-6 Z-05 yet? If, so I would like to know what happered! I can't wait for my shot- I'm going to tax that ass! I'll embarases them into a race.

We all know he meant Z-06 Bobby. Com'on, those two buttons are so close together for people with large digits.

Hey Ripp thanks for defence on my type-o, bobby's a little anal it seems. I'll try to never let that happen again. Don't be bitter bobby! Ha-Ha

gsmi837 said:
Has anybody w/C-5 Z-06 got a crack at a new C-6 Z-05 yet? If, so I would like to know what happered! I can't wait for my shot- I'm going to tax that ass! I'll embarases them into a race.
Unless you have something extra under that 04 Z06 hood, I think they will "embarrass" you badly.

I have to agree with Hitman, here. Right out of the box, the C6 Z06 comes with a hundred more horsepower than the C5 Z06. Unless you've added a supercharger, the C6 Z06 is going to walk away with the contest.

By the way- Hitman! It's good to see you online! Haven't seen much of you since Cruisefest!

:w
-Patrick

Yep that's fairly obvious, I think I have more than enough or I won't get involved. What I was asking was if any body w/modified C-5 Z-06 had run into and or over a new one yet. I guess it's too early yet. I had one ordered and it came in but they wanted $20k over MSRP! They bumped their heads, I'm either going to wait till next yr, or buy a motor through my son, who works for Chevy. Do you guys see any serous probs installing it in my 04?

Alot of people have installed a 427ci motor in their C5s but it is definitley a lot of work and money. I dont think the LS7 motor would be any more difficult to install, but if you're doing that, then wouldn't it be better to just buy the C6 Z06 since installing that motor would require you change many other things to match it anyway.

Patrick,
Good to see you too; I've been too busy travelling due to wor. I've recently modified my Z06 with a H/C package + headers. I'll make a post of how that went soon. Like this thread originator, I too am waiting to race a C6Z06 after I did the mods ;)

Hitman1 said:
Alot of people have installed a 427ci motor in their C5s but it is definitley a lot of work and money. I dont think the LS7 motor would be any more difficult to install, but if you're doing that, then wouldn't it be better to just buy the C6 Z06 since installing that motor would require you change many other things to match it anyway.

Patrick,
Good to see you too; I've been too busy travelling due to wor. I've recently modified my Z06 with a H/C package + headers. I'll make a post of how that went soon. Like this thread originator, I too am waiting to race a C6Z06 after I did the mods ;)

I'd be interesting in hearing how you fair going toe to toe with a new C6 Z06 after the mods, too. Please keep us informed!

GSMI837, I have not done extensive mods to my Z06, so I'm not eager to try racing a C6 Z06. :ugh But, like I said to Hitman, i'd be real curious to hear how a Supercharged C5 Z06 does up against a C6 Z06. I still think the C6 is likely to win, but it would be interesting to see by how much.

-Patrick

Hitman, You make a good point about just buying 2006 but I think it would be a gas to install it in my 04 and have some fun! My son works for GM so I get a break on the motor (don't know how much yet) and I think I will either have his store install it or A@A in SoCal, depending on who stands behind there work the longestl. I don't know what I could get for my modified Z-06 engine and I still have my stock heads, but Im sure I could get something for that stuff. The way I see it is that 99.9% of the people who drive Z-06's can't drive anywhere near the capabilities of these cars! Me included. Plus I don't like the looks of the new one as good as I like the looks of ours.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom