Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When is the new C6 nose coming out ??

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
There have been numerous rumours about a new nose for the 07 model year that will incorporate a place for the front license plate!

This is supposed to be an easy fix because it is cheap to change. The estimate for GM to fix the ugly front license plate bracket is approx. $250.

This is probably the only thing that made me go for a C5 instead of a C6. But again l came out of C4 and before that a C3 and before that C2. And the C6 is the only vette offered with a cheap front license plate bracket that looks like it was bought at Wal-Mart.

Alan

kingman said:
There have been numerous rumours about a new nose for the 07 model year that will incorporate a place for the front license plate!

This is supposed to be an easy fix because it is cheap to change. The estimate for GM to fix the ugly front license plate bracket is approx. $250.

This is probably the only thing that made me go for a C5 instead of a C6. But again l came out of C4 and before that a C3 and before that C2. And the C6 is the only vette offered with a cheap front license plate bracket that looks like it was bought at Wal-Mart.

Alan

kingman you said in your post "the estimate for GM to fix the ugly front license plate bracket is about $250" hmmm I don't see a front license plate bracket on the front of the C6 Corvette except in the states that require a front license plate bracket and I do agree 100% with you it does look really ugly having the front license plate bracket on the front of the C6 Corvette but kingman I haven't heard any thing about GM redesigning the the front end of the C6 Corvette in 07 yet

Redvette8

I've read that if the manufacture does not put a place for a front plate on, you dont have to put a front plate on. The Corvette is not the only manufacture to delete the front plate option. I don't think this is a concern to Chevrolet.

kingman said:

Alan
go after your state govt to use only one plate by pointing out how much money it will save and get people to partition the govt.

davec0_17 said:
I've read that if the manufacture does not put a place for a front plate on, you dont have to put a front plate on. The Corvette is not the only manufacture to delete the front plate option. I don't think this is a concern to Chevrolet.

Laws are not optional. They apply to everybody.

C6BOB said:
Laws are not optional. They apply to everybody.

Tell that to the marchers in L.A. and elsewhere. ( I had to rant a little).:)

Euro style plates might work out better but if anything reduces tax revenue then forget it. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.

Meant the front bumper not bracket !!

Sorry sometimes my brain goes off by itself. What l meant to say is that the front bumper (whole piece) will be replaced so a front license plate bracket will not be needed. Like the C5 or something like it it will be incorporated into the front bumper.

This cost is only $250 to GM to do.

davec0_17 said:

I too had heard that from the office of my local state representative. If the dealer did not provide a way to mount a frt license plate (as was the case with my '05 Silverado SS) then you weren't required to do so. I ended up buying the bracket and mounting the plate. I still run the '04 Vette without a plate up frt. It's under there, just not visible....
Texas brought the measure up during the last legislative session but they ran out of time before getting the bill voted on.
They can charge me the same every year I don't care but I do want to go without the frt plate.
I will be starting up my campaign (letter writing) to eliminate the requirement and I suggest other Texans contact their reps and do the same.
As for the C6 nose, if I was forced to have a frt plate then I would like to see a redesign but I doubt GM will do anything.

More states going to two plates

That's right they are doing this for law enforcement. There are now like 38 states that require two plates and going up.

One of the reasons is that larger cities are now installing camera's at intersections so that they can ticket people going through lights and such.

This is big business for the states. They need the money to pay health and pension debts. If the states get any further into debt we will be wearing license plates on our backs

Alan

kingman said:
This is big business for the states. They need the money to pay health and pension debts. If the states get any further into debt we will be wearing license plates on our backs

Just a thought, but they could just stop spending instead of looking for new ways to steal.

As for the Corvette redesign, I suspect that the earliest you'll see it is '09 and at that point it will have some modified end-caps with little else changed. Chevy seems to let things go for about 4 years at a time before changing a little within the same body style: 68-72, 74-77, 79-82, 84-90, 90-96, etc.

Cheers!

kingman said:
Sorry sometimes my brain goes off by itself. What l meant to say is that the front bumper (whole piece) will be replaced so a front license plate bracket will not be needed. Like the C5 or something like it it will be incorporated into the front bumper.

This cost is only $250 to GM to do.

That means the parts will be $2,000 to retrofit it - plus painting. But I'm betting GM does nothing - their usual stance.:eyerole

Not the case !!!!!

The front bumper should only cost around $500 plus the painting and such but it will be worth it.

I am sure that an aftermarket firm is working on it already.

Alan

If there were any body changes in the '07 Corvette, it would've leaked out by now.
Don't forget, GM gives you a license plate bracket with every C6, although nobody uses it. That bracket gets them off the 'legal' hook.

front plate

there's about a dozen aftermarket places to get a front plate bracket to put on that looks a little better than the stock one,and goes in a different place.If that's the only reason you didn't buy a c6,I think you sold yourself short!It is a far superior car to the c5 in every way(except for the front plate thing!!):D

Trying to be politically Correct !!!!!!!!!!!

While the license plate is the obvious complaint the nose itself looks from the front like a Camaro from a distance and E.T.'s face from up close.

And while the interior is much nicer it is made of a softer plastic that scratches when touched.

Being that my dog travels with me it would most likely get ruined in a short time. And of course l would need a vert and then there would be no room for my dog period.

Alan

I don't think that the interior of the C6 is more prone to damage than that of the C5. I've owned both and if anything the more padded material used in the C6 absorbs impact and scratches better than the harder C5 material. The only place that I would be concerned about is the painted center console stack. Of course, I don't keep a dog in my car so there is less of a concern for damage than you have.

Alan, do mind telling where you obtained your information regarding the front bumper change?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom