Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where does the extra inch go?

Zektor

Corvette
1982 Silver Coupe (Sold!), New C5 in 3 weeks!
Hi,
I want to replace the standard wheels on a C5 Corvette. I've found a wheel manufacturing company that will make wheels for my car in whatever size I require and to my design if I so wish. I've found that one of their existing designs suit me fine. But, I want to have an aftermarket wheel in a Z06 size.
I know that Z06 wheels will bolt up to a standard C5 without problem, so I want to specify an aftermarket wheel with the measurements of a Z06 wheel.
Everyone knows the standard Z06 wheel is a whole inch wider than a C5 wheel on both front and rear axles but, where does the extra inch go? Does the extra inch make the wheels stick out further from the arches... or does the extra inch go further towards the diff.
Really, the real question that I am asking is what is the backspacing distance of the front and rear wheels on a Z06? And what is the same backspacing on a C5? That way, it's possible to work out where the extra girth goes and I will be able to instruct my aftermarket wheel supplier in what dimensions to make my wheels!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers
Dazza

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom