Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

where is the flasher relay located on a 92 vette

Jessica19699

Corvette
1998 Jet black coupe
Hello forum I have a 1992 corvette and today as I'm driving to work I noticed the just the right side turn signal light stays lit on the instrument panel not the left, when I turn the signal on is still flashes on the inside but not the outside, with past experience in other cars when this happens it was the flasher relay need replaced, does anyone know where this is located and how hard it is to change it out and if this is even the issue?

Hello forum I have a 1992 corvette and today as I'm driving to work I noticed the just the right side turn signal light stays lit on the instrument panel not the left, when I turn the signal on is still flashes on the inside but not the outside, with past experience in other cars when this happens it was the flasher relay need replaced, does anyone know where this is located and how hard it is to change it out and if this is even the issue?

I'm confused with your description of the problem. :L

If the dash indicator light stays on and doesn't flash that indicates a problem with the lights on that side of the vehicle.

If either the left or right side turn signal works and one side the indicator stays on solid the
problem is not the flasher.

The turn signal flasher is common to both left and right.

The side that isn't flashing usually indicates a burnt out bulb or the bulb isn't making good contact with the bulb socket.

Turn the four way hazard flasher on and verify what bulbs on the outside of the vehicle aren't flashing.

thanks for the reply ecss,funny thing I went back out later in the day with a guy friend from work and checked all the bulbs they all worked and the light on the dash panel was not lit meaning they worked fine, it has been way below freezing for days where I live so im not sure if maybe the cold weather might of had something to do with what happened or the problem is still there and it just fixed itself temporarily, any way it works now but I will keep an eye on it to see of it happens again, thanks again :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom