Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where on tranny is kickdown solenoid located???

D

D@D74-454

Okay we now know we have a kickdown switch and not a cable like the dealer told us. What we need to know is where is the kickdown solenoid located on a TH400 tranny.

Please help

In your post you mention both the kickdown switch and the selenoid. They are two entirely different things and one is far easier than the other to replace.

The switch is behind the accelerator pedal and will take no more than ten minutes to replace.

The selenoid is a different animal altogether. There should be two wires going into the driver side of the tranny that go to the selenoid. To access it you have to drop the pan and you will find it a few inches from where the wires meet the tranny.

Before dropping the pan, you should test the selenoid to make sure it's the problem by testing the hot wire (I believe it's yellow or orange). You must test it with the pedal pushed to the floor. If you do replace it, the selenoid should click when you floor the pedal.

Both the kickdown switch and the kickdown (detent) selenoid are still stocked at any dealership and many parts shops.

Good Luck!

Thanks 71 shark

Appreciate the time you took to reply. Believe it or not the dealership told us it used a kickdown cable and it was no longer available. So I searched through our books and finally found it used a kickdown switch. Anyway will give it a going over and post the findings. Enjoy the rest of you're weekend.

Deborah:)

No problem Deborah!

If I can locate them in my parts book, I'll give you the numbers to take to the counter. That way you won't have to watch them scratch any unmentionable body parts while looking it up on "that dang computer thingie":L.

- Eric :w

71Shark said:
The switch is behind the accelerator pedal and will take no more than ten minutes to replace.
Not exactly behind the pedal....it is located above the throttle pedal. Just look above and you will see it and where the throttle rod comes back to make contact.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom