Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to look for values?

The73vetteman

Corvette
'73 L48 4spd
Hi all, been away from this forum a few years, various reasons, and now I'm thinking about selling my '73. Thing is, I have no idea what to ask. Values at places like NADA Guides seem all over the map. Anyone got any favorite places they use?

On something that old it is best to pay for a professional appraisal, it will come with documentation and a printout. I had it done on a 68 Camaro that I sold. Not cheap, but worth it.

I had an appraisal done for insurance about a dozen years ago. Have values changed much do you think?

Maybe not, hard to tell. I would call the person who did the appraisal and get their opinion. Vehicle condition in 12 years could matter.

I use Hagerty Value Guide on the Haggerty insurance site or a free phone app called Corvette DNA. Both Haggerty and Corvette DNA have proven to be fairly accurate and are based on actual reported sales and not asking prices or appraisals.

Tom

Thanks for the Hagerty suggestion. Slightly disappointing to see that values have been flat or even trending down slightly the last ten years. I didn't buy it as an investment but I had hoped for a little gentle appreciation.

You never know. A particular car can go up for several years and then drop. Then they start back up again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom