Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to put the garage door opener?

danl72 said:
You can always go the after market route and get a home link transmitter put in your Vette. I got one put in my sunvisor and it looks like it was factory installed and works just fine.

Me too, I've got the Homelink unit in my visor from C5 Creations. It has three buttons that will work up to three homelink compatible units like a garage door opener, turn on security lights, etc. They also have a homelink unit in a rearview mirror on their website.

I got the mini remote that is about 1" X1.5" made to go on your key ring and put a piece of Velcro on it and stuck it to my visor. Works great and I can remove it when I need to leave the car. I think it's a good solution for only $30

Three year thread revival, how cool is this place! When I first responded my handle was "71Shark" and I didn't have a C5. How things have changed.

I'm still using velcro, but in the C5 (and the Vue and Monte Carlo) I have it attached with velcro to the top if the rear-view mirror.

- Eric:w

Grumpy said:
I've got a coupe and put mine clipped to the visor... hasn't moved even at ultra legal speeds...
Me too (in my vert, of course)!:lou

Use the ash tray...Why would anyone smoke in a vette anyway?

Did someone say "cup holder?" Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;LOL

I just put the remote in the console but I like the idea Don has about clipping it up under the hard plastic part of the console.

:w
Guy

On my 90 vert I put valcro up on the trim behind the rear view mirror.You don't even notice its there and easy to reach.

Glenn
:w

On the visor of my Coupe...

However I have seen a few Verts with it placed in the ashtray.

Ashtray?! Hah that is joke. That ashtray is so inconvenient I don't even try to use it. I keep a Coke can in the cup holder as my ashtray.

I pulled the ashtray assembly out & that fits my Ipod perfectly now! the door shuts over it & it hides it completely when not in use...

I just clip mine over the plastic on the left side of the interior on the glove box. It's not a long reach to open the box & it doesn't interfere with any of the other stuff in there.

Mine is small enough that I put it in the ashtray standing up on it's side. Both buttons are exposed so I can choose which door to open. Flip the ashtray lid down and it"s hidden and secured.

I don't have a C5 but I use Velcro but just the hook side. I have the opener on the floorboard just in reach and out of the way of my feet. The hook side of the velcro sticks just fine to my carpet.

- Eric :w

Great tip, simple enough that even I can understand it!

I just clip my opener to the rail uder the seat. If the clip not large enough, remove the clip and use velco.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom