Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which body mounts

S

Spdfrk

I am going to be taking the body off of a 77 vette and want to make sure i have everything i need. But there are two types of body mount kits from ECKLERS.COM, which one should i get?
The body has never been taken off.

1: Body Coupe Mount Kit
2: Polyurethane Body Mounts

The only difference that i can see is that #1 comes with the bolts and #2 does not. And #1 is more expensive.

In either event, you will be getting a flexible donut mount for that year model. It is up to you if you want a very stiff mount (poly) or a stock style.

For comparison sake, the orginal sharks had aluminum spacers in the place of your rubber mounts. By switching to the rubber, you get a quieter softer ride, bod more body movement.

If you are after all out performance, look into the 68-72 style aluminum. If that is too rigid for you, get the poly. Finally, you just can't go wrong with the stock rubber style.

Shop around though. There is a big difference in the price of these things from different suppliers.

I get most of my parts like this from Paragon. However, you have to spend $500 or more on your first order with them to get into the discounted price scheme that puts them on par with the others. One thing you will appreciate about Paragon, is that if the sales staff does not have the tech info you need, they will get a knowledgable person on the phone that does. Can't say that for some of the larger vendors.

Hi Spdfrk

Good luck with your mounts. I don't know which would be best as the big think rubber orginal ones last a long time as well as the poly.

I was down in Antigua not to long ago. I didn't notice any vettes there but I guess they have managed to get everywhere. Are there many others on the island or do you have the only one ?

#1 would be the stock factory mounts made with rubber mounts.

#2 sounds like they are only selling the Polyurethane parts of the mount, not all the parts needed.

Go with #1.

tom...

thanks

thanks guys i will look into it.

As far as vettes here go there are very few. only 2 77's, and 2 90+

I will have to go with the poly mounts as the roads are not than good. Verrry bumpy.

Re: thanks

Spdfrk said:
I will have to go with the poly mounts as the roads are not than good. Verrry bumpy.

I would be concerned that the poly mounts would make the ride that much rougher since the roads are not good.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom