Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which is faster shifting?

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
I was kinda racing the car a little bit and If im correct Im finding shifting 1 2 2OD 3 3OD gets my speedo higher quicker than 1 2 3 4

When I shift into 2OD its VERY nice theres no "buck" it just smooths right in therefore my speedo is gaining constantly.

Am I right? Or is it just an illusion?

First I hate the track LOL (I REALLY gotta get new rubber next year)

And second I do believe the track is done for the year (Not certain)

I was just curious if anyone else has actually figured this out.

And ya shes a 4+3 =)

ahh, no more track:( well, i know 4+3's are easier to drive in that sequence, I just haven't had the personal experience to race them like that... know anyone with a G-tech?

From what I recall of the articles interviewing the people who came up with the 4+3, they designed it as two separate transmissions melded together - one for speed, one for economy. I would imagine you'd be see-sawing ratios.
[RICHR]

It certainly feels like I get to speed quicker when I use the 2 gear OD then shift normally from there. I wish I knew someone with a G tech.

(Christmas sure comes soon doesn't it Hehe)

Big Red, I've got a GTech. I haven't used it yet on the Vette, but it shouldn't be a problem to test your theory since I've got a 4+3 as well. Anyone got a good estimate of weight for an 86 with late C4 17" rims? I know they're heavier than the 16's, but not by how much.
[RICHR]

PLEASE don't slap me but If I remember 3800 Lbs. Someone most likey will chime in and slap me I know it LOL

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom