Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which one

Garagetoyz

Corvette
78 Silver Anniversary 4 spd Crate engine
I want something really outrageous on my car.... I was thinking either dual quads or a blower. Love to hear that whine from the engine, anyone ever do either of these things?

Hey Toyz,
I have dual quads on my project engine. Most people will tell you that they are just for looks, that a single 4 barrel will work as well or better. I had always thought when I was just starting out with cars that by now I'd be running a blower, but I kind of got sidetracked for 20 years paying for a house. I still would like to build one (not buy) as they take a lot of preparation before you ever bolt them on. Blowers are a 'make or break' thing, if you don't have the bottom built strong enough, something's gonna break.
Oh, BTW, even with a blower, you still need something on top of it - like 2 fours! You can have your cake and eat it too!! The incredible John Z. can give you the straight dope on the duals, probably blowers too, even though GM never offered them on cars. Live your dream!!!

Craig

Thx craig!.. I have this vision of something great to look at on cruise night and showing up those mopars around here. Something about dual chrome quads really gets my attention. I've been talking to a local engine builder about it and the ground work has been laid out. My motors not original anyway so I can do w/e seems fun with it. If I cant have a big block I want this..
Now about that $$ situation, we shall see.. as I have no idea what this might cost

Your engine built right to handle a blower is probably gonna run you 10k+ with blower

I want something really outrageous on my car.... I was thinking either dual quads or a blower. Love to hear that whine from the engine, anyone ever do either of these things?

SBChevEFI.jpg

That new Tri-Power that Barry Grant(Demon) has out would turn heads on cruise night.I would ditch his air cleaner and try to fabricate 3 singles like the 66 GTO had.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom