Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which shade of red to paint my 84?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
Would anyone like to share their ideas, and some pictures of red C4's?

If its a corvette color you want, that new dark red metallic color on the 07 vettes is an awesome looking red in my opinion. My 92 vette has the original paint, a dark red metallic as well, but the newer paint really pops in comparison. Im leaning towards changing colors on mine, maybe that new orange, maybe a copper, maybe a candy. But overall, I like metallic paints vs the flatter non metallic colors. My wifes car, a chrysler sebring convertible has a brighter shade of metallic red, I like it because when its clean and in the sun, it glows. I once painted my camaro a candy royal blue, man that was a bright color. Candy is a translucent paint, you have to paint a base silver first then the color, then a clear. The finished product had depth to it. I really loved the look. Although its your car, you do as you please.

I was looking at the house of Kolor book a few weeks back and its really cool to see the samples of the different colors on top of other colors, its amazing how much the color changes with a silver or gold basecoat.

Check out the books and bring them outside in the daylight.

I don't know what part of Canada your from but there is one SOB in New Brunswick that does the best paint I've ever seen on a car and his specialty is red.I go to the Atlantic national 's in Moncton NB eavery couple years. there is uselly 1500 plus cars and believe it or not you can spot the ones he's done.

Monterey Red or Magnetic Red II would look nice, but the tinted clearcoat could be a challenge for some painters in addition to a higher cost for the paint.

Monterey Red has just been discontinued by Corvette for the balance of the 07 run and there will be a new version out for 08.

Dark Red Metallic was a popular color on C4's and it ran from 86 through 95.

Bright Red or Torch Red is also popular and really makes the C4 stand out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom