Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which Short Throw Shifter????

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I'm trying to decide which shifter to change to on my C5. Which one do you reccomend? B&M, Z06, Hurst???

Thanks in advance for the advice.

My brother threw a B&M in his and he loves it. I think I may do the same soon.:Steer

I did a little research on that myself a while ago and the Hurst seemed to be the best based on other peoples comments. - Ron

I would suggest a C6 Z06 shifter.(200) I've heard good things about the new MTI shifter (150 plus core) ...

I have the hurst and dig it but I would most probably try either of the two mentioned above in the future (if I get around to swapping)

Just something different over time.

I've got about 40K miles on the hurst and its great....

Just different flavors ..

I've got a hurst in mine, came with the car so I don't have anything to compare with it. But If it had come with a stock shifter it would have been the first thing to go.:D

I have had a B&M Ripper in my 99 vette for 6-7years (80,000mi). I love it. I've not tried any others, I've had no need to change.

It may depend on what you are looking for. My B&M has a nice very short throw, very solid. It has a much more solid/tight/firm feel than stock, it is not a soft ("mushy") throw like stock. I like it for racing because it is so solid and firm. There is no doubt about going through the gates, it' "click-click zoom" (A little joke for those Saliva fans out there). Someone looking for only a shorter throw but to keep the soft feel of stock shifter may not be as enthusiastic about my B&M. I don't find it a hard shift at all, but it is a much different feel than stock, which some consider a positive, others a negative. It is the right shifter for me.

I just switched from stock to a B&M Precision Sports shifter and it's been quite good! It's a relatively new shifter from B&M that has been refined for the C5. The shifts are precise, shorter with vibration as good as or better than stock.

Looks like Eckler might have just added this one to their catalog. Where did you get yours? Any deals on this one out there?

I bought mine with the hurst already in it. compared to the stock 6-speed in my C4 it is night & day--I love it. I have never driven a C5 with the stock shifter though. If you get up to Indiana some time I would let you try mine out. maybe you can find someone near home to let you test drive their shifter.

Looks like Eckler might have just added this one to their catalog. Where did you get yours? Any deals on this one out there?

Got the B&M at Corvettes of Houston and at the time it was one of the best prices...my son put the shifter in for me. However, it was basically a 1 for 1 swap without any adjustment to do. It looks pretty straight forward. I've put a number of miles on the Vette this summer and still highly recommend the B&M shifter.

I have the C6 shifter and like it a lot!

:Steer

Same here. I tried the Hurst, pulled it out after two weeks. Couldn't stand the noise or how it shifted. The C6 shifter was perfect for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom