Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which way do the caliper piston seals face?

Vref,
Your question worries me. No flames here, but if you are having a problem figuering out the seals I think this is a job you should consider farming out to a qualified shop. Your brakes are you life and even more important, my life if I'm on the same road with you. Do you have a shop manual for your car? If not, this is where you need to start. Good luck, Bill

Bill Wilhelm said:
Vref,
Your question worries me. No flames here, but if you are having a problem figuering out the seals I think this is a job you should consider farming out to a qualified shop. Your brakes are you life and even more important, my life if I'm on the same road with you. Do you have a shop manual for your car? If not, this is where you need to start. Good luck, Bill

Bill welcome to the forum, I have no fear of him being on the same road as him, We have to worry about the folks who are not looking for the information. He is unsure but will find the needed infor and fix it correctly .

This is how i learned what I know just by asking questions.

I see from your profile your an original owner of a 66 how great is that, We have a couple of original owners here. I just wonder if in 2042 anyone will be as impressed with me owning my C5 some 40 years

Bill Wilhelm said:
Vref,

Yes I have an assembly manual. Does it show the brake caliper re assembly process?

Its usually easier to ask on the forum, because the vette veterans always have an easy way of doing things.

The 1965 Corvette Shop Manual Supplement and all subsequent Corvette Chassis Service Manuals have detailed, illustrated instructions for rebuilding the calipers. If you don't have them, you need the 1963 Corvette Shop Manual and the 1965 Supplement for complete coverage for your car - both are available from the NCRS on-line store at www.ncrs.org.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom