Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which wheels?????

D

DRKNT57

OK, I asked this in another forum and didn't get enough feedback to help me make up my mind.....so here goes.

My 99 has the factory standard wheels and I want to change them out. I have been told by others that if I go with anything other than Corvette wheels then it will hurt car value.

I really don't know what to think ;shrug

Welcome to CAC

I'm a fan on staying with Corvette wheels, but "to each his own". Check out Remo's thread titled (show us your wheels and tires). Might give you some ideas.

The car will perform better with C5 Z06 size wheels and tires. Upgrade, and keep the originals. When you want to sell the car,put the stock wheels back on. If you reach an impass with the potential new buyer, you can offer to throw in a new set of wheels and tires to seal the deal. Or you can just sell them on E-bay. There is no way a set of nice wheels and tires will decrease the value of your car.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I deal in cars weekly and usually aftermarket wheel ad some value to the car price. Now I'm talking about nice looking wheels that enhance the cars appearance, HRE’s would be an example. It's been said before; if you can afford it keep you oem wheels.

I had the same wheels that you did on my 99 FRC. They just weren't doing it for me, so I bought a beautiful set of 2001 thin 5-spoke polished OEM wheels from my buddy Remo. The shiny wheels looked really good. They'd look even better on a red vette, I think. When I sold the car, I left the newer wheels on it, and boxed up the old ones as an "added bonus". Worked great! :upthumbs

I have a 2004 and last winter installed a set of Cray Scorpions in chrome, which are made for the C5 and the stock tires fit these wheels. WOW, they make the car look way better and seem to double the looks I get.

The stock wheels are in storage.

The chrome Crays weigh about double what the stock wheels weigh; the stockers are really lightweight peices, so if you are going for speed, not looks, keep the stockers.

You also need to get someone who has installed C5 aftermarket wheels to do the installation; otherwise they will probably break those $80 each pressure sensors. And you don't want wheels unless they are made to use with pressure sensors.

Run-flat tires are extremely difficult to mount as the sidewalls are very stiff and have almost no stretch to allow fitting on and off a rim. The key to installing the sensors is to mount the new tire on the rim with a conventional air plug and without the sensor in place, then release the pressure, pull out the air plug, break the inside seal and from the inside reach in and mount the sensor, finally repressurize to reseal the inside. You must do this as the outside tire rim will break the sensor if the sensor is mounted before the outside of the tire is sealed to the rim.

C5-Z06 chrome wheels. BF Goodrich g-Force KDW-2 tires.
Remo:cool

2534691700103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

I'd think the standard wagon wheels would lower the value.

That's why I ordered MAGS from the factory

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom