Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"which would look better on stick on corvette lettering?"

sxyvet

Corvette
1991 ZO7 coupe, 6 speed,red on red w/most options!
hi there guys,
just wandering i was considering adding either cut out "acrylic "rear letters that stick on but stick out from the standard inprint of the rear bumper and do not sit flush ,or the sticker kit that sticks on but sits in the corvette grove to suit 1991 model on wards!
which would look better?
also the car is red at the moment,which color would it look good in?
may be black or white writing?
any ideas or photos of some examples on cars would be great guys!
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia
happy new year!!!!!!!!

I think that black or white would look good but I would probably lean towards the white since it would be easier to read. At least for me, reading black lettering on red can sometimes be difficult.

With the raised lettering you might have a real fun time trying to wax the rear of your corvettes

hi edmond & dekota kid,
thanks for the reply!
yep i reackon white would look better as i have white wheels,white roll bar,white guard accents,white windscreen corvette decal!
as you say the black can be a bit hard to see i guess!
also r.e waxing car could be a pain which i did not think off!
thanks guys
happy new year!!
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Glen,
I would go with white for sure. Waxing might be a little tricky, but you could spray detail the problem areas and avoid the wax build-up.
Keep the wave and happy new year!
Lar

I have the lettering that "sticks out" from the rear a bit, but I've never had a problem waxing around them. I did try the stick-on ones, but the ones they make now do NOT fit the indentations of the CORVETTE letters!!! They have cut them down, they're thinner than the older ones (I had them on an '88 and they fit the indentations perfectly) and just don't look good. I wouldn't hesitate to get the acrylic ones instead.

Elaine

That's what Q-tips are for.....the kind with the felt, or sponge tips. They make 'em in different sizes, and although it's a bit of a chore you shouldn't have any problems getting the wax off.

hi there all,
thanks again for your valuable comments!
i think i will go for white raised letters then!
cheers
glen
sxyvet

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom