Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Which X pipe is the best?

CeeFive

Corvette
2008 VR ZO6
Can anyone tell me which X-pipe you think is best and would bolt up with the least amount of hassle? Also, What can I expect to gain, if anything? I have a ZO6 Catback on a 02 coupe and I really like the exhaust.. Thanks

WIth most of the X pipes I have seen you have to cut out the H-part of the whole section and weld the X in.
I replaced the cats and it comes as one piece.
Here is a picture of the piece you can see the "H" that has to go.

In my opinion, based on my research on several online Corvette forums, I would rank the Magnaflow as being the best, followed by the Bassani, and place the Corsa x-pipe at the rear of the pack. There are a few other x-pipe options, however, I believe these three might be the most "popular". However, the differences are rather small among the competition, except for the Corsa that basically hangs out there alone...

corvetteforum_1758_46188031

Bassani:
corvetteforum_1758_61333915

Corsa:
corvetteforum_1758_58511933

Just my $.02

AlohaC5 said:
However, the differences are rather small among the competition, except for the Corsa that basically hangs out there alone...

Your mention of the Corsa "hangs out there alone" means what exactly? I too am considering this mod and have been considering all three of these. My leaning has been the Corsa but am interested in other opinions

Rob

Rob,

There are many exhaust systems available for the C5/Z06 that offer different sounds, styles, prices and etc., and there are fans for every type made. Its easy to start a "flame war" on a forum by stating one is better than the other because the choice is subjective.

However, IMHO the x-pipe is fairly straight forward in its design and purpose (doesn't do much to produce sound and etc.). I read several surveys on both the Corvette Forum, Digital Corvettes and Z06vettes.com forums to determine which one is "best" before I made the decision to purchase the Magnaflow x-pipe .

Those that purchase the Corsa x-pipe usually do so when they purchase a Corsa exhaust system (which are excellent systems) thinking that the x-pipe is specially made to support Corsa exhausts, when in fact, any x-pipe works with any exhaust system.

Take a look at the x-link section of the three pipes and you will see a key difference (its slightly cheaper than the other two, however, I often find that price and quality go hand-in-hand). There are many opinions among many forums as to the quality of the Corsa vs. Magnaflow or Bassani that may be worth your time to read before making a purchase.

Mike

Dr gas is the originator of the X crossover I have one on my 92 C4.

x-pipe selection

Love my Bassani( went on with my Borla Quad stinger- no problem)- can't wait to hear and feel the system with a new head - cam - header package... :m

They are so easy to make.....Why buy one ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom