Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! White Chevrolet - Coldwater Michigan

Corvette
1966 Silver Convertible
Looking for ANY original GM paperwork (window sticker, invoice, etc) from White Chevrolet, South Monroe St, Coldwater Michigan... from about 1959 to late 1965.

Thanks for your help or tips! :)

I can't find a thing on White Chevrolet in Coldwater. They have been gone for some time now. Searching the interweb all I find is lots of posts on all Corvette and Chevy forums by this member searching for info with no replies. He may be out of luck.

Tom

If I come across anything, I'll be sure to post it here! :)

THANX for helping, guyz!

BTW- The NCRS database has documentation for a 1967 Corvette purchased from White Chevrolet (I have a copy of that original window sticker):
595 West Chicago Street
Coldwater, MI

Unfortunately, the dealership moved to their NEW building/location in late 1965... just around the time my vehicle was delivered.
I've spoken to the original owner, and he indicates it was delivered at the OLD location.

I've worked with the Chamber of Commerce, Assessor's Office, and Library in Coldwater... nice people, but no definitive answers.
Crazy as it may seem, newspaper ads from the same month list slightly different OLD addresses.
I've seen many combinations from various sources (ads, directories, phone books, yearbooks, memorabilia, etc):
57 South Monroe St
57 S Monroe St
65 S. Monroe
57-65 S. Monroe
57-65 South Monroe
And maybe a few more...

Again, I'm looking fora copy of ANY original Chevrolet window sticker, invoice, etc that White Chevrolet may have delivered, prior to their move.
NOTE- My research indicates White purchased the Monroe Street dealership around 1958-59 from Hockstad Chevrolet...
So I'm looking for some of White's original GM paperwork from about 1959 to late 1965.
Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Jack

I see that the Chevy dealer in Coldwater is now Royal Chevrolet Buick GMC. More than likely when the dealer moved out on 12 east of town they cleaned house of the old sales and service records. However it would seem that they would have kept more recent records from the old location. I can't say if they were still White when they moved or when it changed to Royal. If it's just a copy of any window sticker or invoice from White, maybe they will have something in their older files, assuming they are not neat freaks and purged old paperwork on a regular basis. From my experiences working in dealerships cleaning out old paperwork was not something that was often done unless they just plain ran out of room to stack more.

I remember the Chevy dealer being down town from my younger days but I don't think I ever stopped there for anything.

Tom

I see that the Chevy dealer in Coldwater is now Royal Chevrolet Buick GMC. More than likely when the dealer moved out on 12 east of town they cleaned house of the old sales and service records. However it would seem that they would have kept more recent records from the old location. I can't say if they were still White when they moved or when it changed to Royal. If it's just a copy of any window sticker or invoice from White, maybe they will have something in their older files, assuming they are not neat freaks and purged old paperwork on a regular basis. From my experiences working in dealerships cleaning out old paperwork was not something that was often done unless they just plain ran out of room to stack more.

I remember the Chevy dealer being down town from my younger days but I don't think I ever stopped there for anything.

Tom

THANX for the feedback & suggestions, Tom! According to my research, White sold the dealership around 1970... it has changed hands several times since, and moved locations again. I've also been in touch with a helpful person who purchased items (tools, memorabilia, etc) from the West Chicago Street location. One of these days, I'll get lucky... hopefully.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom