Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who bought my vette?!?

• Thread starter JENSHAMMER@HOTMAIL.COM
  • Start date
J

JENSHAMMER@HOTMAIL.COM

In Spring of 2005, I sold my vette on here. It was a 1980 L-48, bright cherry red. Some of the long times on this forum may remember it, since I had to sell it super cheap (about $3000 or so) because the rear passenger wheel came off while I was driving and cracked the body.

The purchaser drove from somewhere in the south to Oceanside California, loaded it up on a flatbed and drove back home. I was gone when he picked it up, he dealt with my brother.

I miss my car and would like to find out whatever became of it. Maybe he'll say he's done great things with it and I can rest easy. Or maybe he hasn't done anything with it and will sell it back. Not likely, but I can dream.

Anyways, thanks for the help/info.

Regards, Jens

Jens, give me a bit of time and I'll see if I can dig it out of the archives. We've had some changes, as you can see, but hopefully we can find the thread for you.

-Mac

I missing something here....you sold your car and have no records of who you sold it to?

:eek

Umm.. Yup. That about sums it up.

I've been pretty nomadic over the last few years and really dont have copies of any important documents anymore. They're probably lying in a storage unit or at a friends house.

Mac, thanks for the help.

Jens

I've tried to access the archives but since everything changed, it redirects me to the new Showroom. I've asked Rob if he can dig it up but it sounds like it might be pretty difficult. Hopefully the buyer will see this thread and chime in.

-Mac

Yeah, I thought about it also, It was just the distance between my house and it that made it not available for me. Good Luck finding it again.
Best Wishes
zachh

yeah, I wasn't counting on the forums having kept the old posts around, even if there hadn't been a redesign. I was more or less hoping the new owner would drop in and see the post, or that someone else keeps in touch with the guy.

I guess until then I'll just keep my fingers crossed;)

regards, Jens

Did PM's vanish too as well as original user names?

I would want to know too! I hope the buyer see's this.

Nope, I still have my old PM's, but the buyer never PM'd me, or if he did I deleted it. I think more than likely he posted, and I sent him my email address.

Very sharp Idea though, but my luck is a little short on that one.

Jens

For the right price, I'll pretend that I bought your car, and would sell mine to you. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom