Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who Has A Deposit on A C6???

shopman1

Corvette
73 Coope, White, Black Interior, 420 HP, Restored
Lets start a thread of who has a deposit on a C6 and what the color is. Then we need to know the date of when the first order goes in.

I have a deposit down and I am number one at my dealership. I will order a silver coop.
Any on else??

well, since I haven't seen one in person and from what I have seen in pictures, the C6 is not that REVOLUTIONARY from the C5. FRANKLY, my dear, the C6 is a big disappointment as far as I am concerned. Will wait and see if and when they bring out a Z06 version.

shopman1 said:
Lets start a thread of who has a deposit on a C6 and what the color is. Then we need to know the date of when the first order goes in.

I have a deposit down and I am number one at my dealership. I will order a silver coop.
Any on else??
sold my 02 coupe and should get a C-6 soon after they start coming out of the factory.

I have a deposit at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Mi, and I'm #1 on their list! You bet I'm excited!

Not sure of the color, but am leaning towards Precision Red W/Ebony.

Zippy :) :)

First off c5Vetter...this thread is called "who has a deposit on a C6." Not "lets bash the C6."

Secondly, I have a deposit down with Monica at Maxie Price. #18, and thinking of silver with tan interior...don't have to decide until they build the car in July. Definately getting a Coupe, 6 speed, Z51, Nav.

The Deposit Scam

I'd be interested in knowing how much of a deposit was required. It's becoming evident that different dealers have different amounts. My dealer, Colonial Chevrolet in Fitchburg Mass., asked for $10K. When I looked over my glasses at him in distain - he said "well in you case Remo, since you bought one from us and we know you, $500. will do it". I'm beginning to think there's no formula - most dealers just make judgments.

Remo:cool

I've got 3 deposits down ($1000/per) and 1 dealer that was willing to put me on his list w/o a deposit. (local guy, first on his list) I'm hedging myself...

Deposit on new C6

I am first in line at Superior Chevrolet for a C6 convertible. I refused to give him a deposit, but he said it was mine, and I get to order it.

I bet you $100 to a $1 that he will find some sucker to pay $2K over MSRP for it, so I may never see it. I refuse to pay MSRP for a car, never have, never will. So, we will see if I get it. We did agree on a price, but nothing in writing, so I really have no legal right to it.

But I sure hope I get it, they are beautiful! I haven't been this excited about a new car since my 1970 El Camino! And, the 62 Corvette!

REMO, any dealer who asked for $5000, $3000, $2000 or even $500, from a current customer, would NOT be a dealer of mine! That is absurd! I'd only do that as an escrow account & if they guaranteed at least 3% interest!

Darn, ignorant, and arrogant, dealers!

There are far too few dealers! Who, know, they can rape customers. It is sad! They really need new, young, dealers who can offer good mechanics who WILL repair cars the first time in.

Buster - Thanks - my thoughts exactly. Not everyone is going to like it, that for sure however I like it and after restoring several Vetts, this will be my first new one, oh yea!

I put $1000. down and it will be MSRP no more and if there is a rebate or some program that will be deducted as well.

Buster1 said:
First off c5Vetter...this thread is called "who has a deposit on a C6." Not "lets bash the C6."

Secondly, I have a deposit down with Monica at Maxie Price. #18, and thinking of silver with tan interior...don't have to decide until they build the car in July. Definately getting a Coupe, 6 speed, Z51, Nav.

Firehawk...some dealers are charging higher deposits because they want SERIOUS business only. They might sacrifice having a list of 200 people's names, most of which will fall thru in the end, for charging a deposit and building a list of say 50+ very serious buyers.

Dealers who establish an ordering list without asking for ANY deposit are sitting on a pipe dream and not following the basics of business.

My dealer IS charging more than most, but being that they are allotted 500+ Vettes a year, I am guaranteed to get my Vette PRONTO!

I'm also willing to bet that the dealers who are indeed asking an outrageous sum of cash for a deposit, are small time dealers who get 3-6 Vettes a year if they're lucky.

When are dealers going to know how many C6's they allotted?

Deposit Down

Hi,

I have a deposit down on a 6 speed, Z51 coupe at Tom Jumper in Atlanta. I'm looking at a Fall delivery. Can't wait!:cool

2005 C6 Convertible

My dealer, Team Chevrolet in Pasadena, Ca will be placing my order (#1) the first day that an order can be placed (April 29) . I have ordered a precision red convertible, cashmiere interior, oak top, 6 speed Z51, 1SB package and navigation system. Coupe and Convertibles begin production July 19, so I should have my car in August. No deposit required (repeat customer), and price will be sticker.

I ordered mine yesterday. Silver, ragtop, black interior. By the end of 05 for delivery, finial price not set, guessing at 55,000. I'll take whatever options come with it. Told the dealer not to load it up, but if it comes that way, so what! Just MORE MONEY!! I told the dealer that I will refuse delivery if the price was over MSRP, he said, no problem with that. This is a small time vette dealer. Only getting 3 converts for this model year, he said.
I'm waiting and nervous.:D :w

We returned from the BB at BG, Ky yesterday. I learned a lot more about the c6 and saw it up close in the plant and at the NCM. GM had several seminars which I attended. All in all, excellent weekend! Thanks to everyone at the NCM, Chevrolet, and the volunteers who helped make this a fantastic event!

I am so sold on the C6! Called my dealer today and specked out my order: Machine silver with ebony interior, Z51, automatic with perf axle ratio, XM Satellite radio, Nav system, and 1SB package! :) :)

Zipster :) :)

An Update

I finally got off the fence about color and suspension: magnetic red coupe with beige/black, 1SB group, 6 sp manual, F55, navigation system, museum delivery, dual roof panels, polished wheels.......

jazzlove:D

Zippy said:
I have a deposit at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Mi, and I'm #1 on their list! You bet I'm excited!

Not sure of the color, but am leaning towards Precision Red W/Ebony.

Zippy :) :)
After seeing several precision red 2005 vettes at the C5/6 Registry Birthday Bash, I am NOT getting that color...most everyone I talked to prefer TORCH RED over "poor-decision red." Maybe GM will re-consider and bring TORCH RED back before production begins.

Zippy

Zippy said:
After seeing several precision red 2005 vettes at the C5/6 Registry Birthday Bash, I am NOT getting that color...most everyone I talked to prefer TORCH RED over "poor-decision red." Maybe GM will re-consider and bring TORCH RED back before production begins.

Zippy

Sometimes, GM's color selection puzzles me. They only had the Speedway white on the 2001 Z06's. Maybe it's because I'm biased towards white Vette's? :D

I am a first time buyer of a Corvette. I am waiting for the allocation for my dealer and will order the mag. red, light grey interior and probably the works........I just love the mag red.........
DJ Crispin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom