Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who here is getting a C6?

Are you going to buy a C6?

• Definatly getting a 2005

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Seriously thinking about it.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Waiting for the 2006 Z06

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Waiting for the rumored ZL1

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • If I had the money!

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I like my C1, C2, C3, C4 or C5 just fine, thanks.

Votes: 38 31.9%

• Total voters
S

slashnick

I 'm talking about the people who are seriously thinking about getting one or have already preordered.

I added a 5th option for people like me who just can't afford it, but will be at the dealership ASAP checking one out!

Let me know if I forgot an option.

I voted seriously thinking about it only because I don't know what the dealers will do and add to MSRP. I won't do over and will try (I said try) to wait until the dust settles a few months after availability.

Chuck

I'm hoping the C-6 will bring the prices of the C-5's down so I can afford one, I need a good economy car. What I would save on gas might even make the payments:L

I'm with HOTMOTORSPORT, depending on mark up. If it's around the same then I'm cool and it'll be in my drive way, but if the mark up is outragous then I'll be waiting.

:( I got burned with the first year model... 01 Z06... and I was "lucky" not to get an "oil burner"!

The 02 bumped hp. from 385 to 405, dropped the "pup-cats" and added the "HUD".

;) I'm gonna try to wait until the 2nd year of the new C6 Z06 (who am I kidding?)... if I can "hold out" ROFL.

I'm hoping to have one of the first in the Detroit area....Am 2nd on the list at my favorite dealer!

Zippy :) :)

bossvette said:
I'm hoping the C-6 will bring the prices of the C-5's down so I can afford one, I need a good economy car. What I would save on gas might even make the payments:L

bossvette,

That's what I'm hoping for. I would like something like a 02 or 03 Z06.

Waiting to see what the vert looks like. Looking to replace my C4. :)

Though the new Z06 may be hard to resist. Oh, the choices we must make in our life. ;)

Leon

hmmm

Nope wouldn't buy it. I'll just have to wait fot it to grow on me like the C5 did. God i hope it doesn't look like them pics you guys all found. Just doesn't have that american look. Has a Nissan/toyota kinda look go'n on for it. We'll see... hope and pray :)

I am with Bossvette!

I would love to get an '02, or '03 Z06. Maybe with the introduction of the C6, the prices for the later C5 Z06s will come down to easier reach for us working guys!

Bill

I slipped up abit and got my deposit in 6 months ago to one of the largest corvette dealers in the country, wound up #20 on the list, but am promised a car in the first 2 weeks of production...

What I did not screw up was getting my deposit in on the 06 Z06... I am getting number 1 and number 2 !!!!!!!!

And for those concerned, I am paying MSRP and my deposit is fully refundable even up until the time the car gets to the dealership!!

I plan on getting a C6.......after the C7's come out so the price will be more affordable. ;LOL

Sams '66 said:
I am looking to get a C7 or 8

I've already got a deposit on both. Rumor has it that they drive themself, you just do the talking. It was also rumored about having intergalactic capabilities but that hasn't been confirmed yet.:L:L:L

fishman

I plan on keeping one and selling the other.. Am recieving a small discount, and I mean small, because I ordered 2... I think it will work out well because of getting the cars before alot of others.

I've promised myself a new Vette for my 50th birthday in 2006 - so probably a Z06. Though I love my C4, and will keep it regardless...

I am most definately getting a C6. I sold my C5 (see corvette ownership to the left) when I heard I was to be stationed in Korea with a follow on assignment to Italy (4 years total time). Didn't want to store the C5 and be making payments. SO I sold it (worst decision I ever made, broke my heart) but put all the $$$ into a fund that is doing rather well. I am set to now buy a C6 and plan on doing so when I leave Italy in about 6 months. Guess I'll order one with the options and colors that I want. It's a 100% definate that I'll buy one.

What's the best way to order and get it at MSRP???

I would go for the C6 if it wasn't for the taxes. When I purchased my C5 I paid $3,780 state sales tax, $1,080 fed luxury tax, and to the town I live $2,262 property tax paid the first year and $42 per thousand valuation each and every year after. Total for the first year, $7,122 in taxes. So if I got a C6 for 60k I would be looking at $4,200 sales tax and $2520 property tax for a total of $6,720 the first year. A least no luxury tax.
I just will not pay those kind of taxes again on a car and watch the moneys I pay in taxes get pizzed away. If I want to spice the C5 up a bit I will put the $$$ in mods not taxes. Too bad it has to be this way. The C6 looks beautiful.

I'm happy with my '03 Z:s .......maybe in a few years

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom