Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who Here Is The 1981 TH350c (wiring) EXPERT ?

Very close the computer grounds a relay which connects the solenoid to ground. The brake switch stops this relay from switching when braking. (thus no lock up during braking)
Your Vette is St. Louis assembled right? Seems unlikely that they would have changed the wiring during the year it was shut down.
Seems odd that Gerry (Also A St. Louis Vette) has a different configuration for his wiring though. (Assuming his memory is right)
Don't know where it was assembled...would a vin# offer that info?

At this point I wish I has a 4-maual in my car! lol

Gerry, prior I have googled (TH350c valve body pictures) and I have seen some three & two-wire lock-up solenoids and some valve bodies with one & two pressure switches as you mention.

Note the pic below...mine and the pic below is 'wired' the same but the below pressure switch is in a different location!
That pressure switch appears to be a 'governor pressure switch'
I just can't confirm (what I already have) or what's pictured below is correct or not, I just don't know???

I have read in 1981 GM did some pink elephant type things, and that's what I may have...I don't know?
th350c_schema.jpg

Last edited:
Vin would reveal which plant it was made at The digit before your production sequence (last 6 numbers) is the plant. S for st louis 5 for bowling green.
That pic seems to show a different set up again.
You are probably wired correct. Just make sure everything is working before closing everything up.

Vin would reveal which plant it was made at The digit before your production sequence (last 6 numbers) is the plant. S for st louis 5 for bowling green.
That pic seems to show a different set up again.
You are probably wired correct. Just make sure everything is working before closing everything up.
Thanks, Ant!
I have an (S) so that's St Lewis

The diagram I posted and my actual pic in post #17 are wired the same...except...the pressure switch is mounted in a different location.

Ugh...I just want to get this trans back in!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom