Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who Makes This Hose???????

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Who makes a Stainless Ssteel Braided Hose Like "Russell" and Earl's ....That has a true "ID"

I understand that the above hose's are made slightly smaller to work with the AN fittings..But....They do not fit easily over a non AN tube. I need a hose ID of 5/8" and 3/4" to fit over the Heater Core In my 65. The Hose that works with the sizes is an AN 10..(5/8") and AN 12..(3/4"). Again..The ID is slightly smaller then listed here. A real Pain to try and Jam on the core tubes.

I want to use SS Braided line and the AN fittings at the Motor end. This is not a Problem. But The Heatrer Core end is. I can't find any adapters ( Hose barb to AN ETC).. that will let me use this SS hose without trying to force it on. I'm afraid that The Core tubes will not take the stress of Jaming the hose on..

Any one have any ideas.....???????:beer

Mark

I would try billet specialties,they have all types of adapters,

I am using there products on my car and will purchase there product thru

http://www.parrautomotive.com/
Parr also has a ton of adapters,order there catalog by phone and they get it to you right away I am sure they will get you set up.

I am just trying to figure this braded line thing out my self

IH2LOSE said:
Mark

I would try billet specialties,they have all types of adapters,

I am using there products on my car and will purchase there product thru

http://www.parrautomotive.com/
Parr also has a ton of adapters,order there catalog by phone and they get it to you right away I am sure they will get you set up.

I am just trying to figure this braded line thing out my self

Thanks...... I'll cruz around....:beer

You might want to check out a customer of mine named Eaton Aeroquip. We cast fittings for their military business group but I know they also have a marine and racing line. Saw braided stainless steel hoses during visits to a number of their factories. If you can e-mail me details and sizes I can call someone at one of their plants for help in locating a supplier.

Eugene

Stainless Hose

Try Summit Racing, Spectre Magna-Flex stainless steel heater hose, part # SPE-39606 = 5/8" ID, part # SPE-39706 = 3/4" ID.

Charles

impala said:
You might want to check out a customer of mine named Eaton Aeroquip. We cast fittings for their military business group but I know they also have a marine and racing line. Saw braided stainless steel hoses during visits to a number of their factories. If you can e-mail me details and sizes I can call someone at one of their plants for help in locating a supplier.

Eugene

Thanks Eugene,

It's vey simple....One SS Hose has to take an "AN12" female hose end and ..the other end has to have an "ID" of 3/4"

The other hose uses a "AN10" and the other end has to have an "ID" of 5/8"

The Problem is that the "AN" hose is slightly smaller for the "AN" hose connector to work. And at the Heater Core end it must be 3/4 and 5/8.

:beer

cbernhardt said:
Try Summit Racing, Spectre Magna-Flex stainless steel heater hose, part # SPE-39606 = 5/8" ID, part # SPE-39706 = 3/4" ID.

Charles

Heh Thanks Charles,

I found those 2 on ebay in a kit with the ends & clamps very very cheap. So I ordered them to day. There in route as I type. There not the real deal like "AN" connectors but close to the look. I have them sold to a friend of mine. But I'll check them out when they come in.

My problem is that I'm ANAL......every last detail drives me up a wall :L

If the Summit hose does not work the way you want, try heating the AN hose and pushing it on the heater fitting.
Charles

cbernhardt said:
If the Summit hose does not work the way you want, try heating the AN hose and pushing it on the heater fitting.
Charles

Yeah..thought about that and also getting a tube around the same size as the core tubes....heating it ..then ram it home and bore out the excess...sorta like putting a new notch in your belt... :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom