Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Who uses Marvel Mystery Oil or Z-max???

I don't know of any legitimate product that needs a celebrity endorsement to help boost it's credibility.

Most of the these snake oil products survive by using the 'prevents bad things from happening' line of logic. The fact that the bad things wouldn't have happened in the first place seems to be overlooked.

I've got a stash of genuine petrified voodoo chicken bones I bought on eBay. I wave them at the engine in my car on really cold winter mornings to make sure that it starts. The engine always starts, so they must work. The instructions say that if the engine doesn't start, I didn't use enough bones and to order more, just pay for additional shipping and handling.

Works for me. :thumb

Wanna sell a chicken bone?

Better yet, I'll cut you in on a one time only offer to sell you the secrets of how to make your own at home for fun and profit. If you act now, for only five payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling I'll email you the never before revealed 2,000 year old step-by-step authentic HD video showing how it was done by the ancients- professionally recorded in a studio to ensure that the knowledge would be passed down for future generations to enjoy.

Please specify if the sound track should be in Spanish (for Jesus), medieval English in sound surround 5.1, in sign language for the hearing impaired, or extra loud for the blind. Absolute authenticy is guaranteed by the NCBPS (National Chicken Bone Petrifiers Society)

Read the Shelby adds again, it says that it is used in his vehicles but nowhere does it say he recommends it. It does say that he has a reputation to protect.

Mikey, where did you get your bones, mine say they came from China; hopefully they are not swine or chicken. I wouldn’t recommend them if I didn’t think I paid a good price for them, I also have a reputation to protect.

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :boogie

Better yet, I'll cut you in on a one time only offer to sell you the secrets of how to make your own at home for fun and profit. If you act now, for only five payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling I'll email you the never before revealed 2,000 year old step-by-step authentic HD video showing how it was done by the ancients- professionally recorded in a studio to ensure that the knowledge would be passed down for future generations to enjoy.

Please specify if the sound track should be in Spanish (for Jesus), medieval English in sound surround 5.1, in sign language for the hearing impaired, or extra loud for the blind. Absolute authenticy is guaranteed by the NCBPS (National Chicken Bone Petrifiers Society)

How could I go wrong?:upthumbs As ol' Shell says it "works."

Obviously, you do not get it. It has nothing to do with Shelby. Oh well, I tried... doesn't matter to me. Its a brave new world out there.

CG

whats not to get?

i dont think shelby needs the money...and he puts this product in EVERY CAR HE BUILDS.!!
thats a big deal
i put z max in mine and it increased my idle rpm almost imeadeatly
thats something
you can pour this stuff on a piece of machined steel and watch it soak in....
micro or nano tech is a real deal
yes its a brave new world..
and there will always be skeptics
and there will always men who try stuff to see if it works
sometimes it does
i dont care how it works...it just does

OK - Here's what I don't get. The makers of zMax were not able to quantify or prove any of their old advertising claims, so now they just publish anecdotal comments and phrases like "it works." Things that "work" day in and day out should, be able to be proven. zMax has had over 20 years to prove their claims, but they continue to plead their advertising case with paid spokespeople and glittering generalities by a few users.

Other additives, like Techron have proved their worth in objective tests. This makes all those who haven't look even more suspicious. Read the ads carefully to see how they avoid concrete claims. On the other hand, I use Marvel Mystery oil for upper end lube, and most folks don't believe in MM oil either. Pick your poison.:L

i put z max in mine and it increased my idle rpm almost imeadeatly
thats something
A vacuum leak will also increase your idle RPM. Wait a minute... I just had an epiphany - maybe I can market a vacuum leak as a performance adder. :W

CG

Nice site!!! I'm over here in Brick. My Dad swears by that mystery but, Its not going in the Vette!! :beer Cheers neighbor!!
Of coarse your dad swears by it .It's probably a lot better that the Gulf Sapphire he has in the crank case of his 49 Packard.:boogie Sorry ,all I can think of is my dad who would only use Shell gas ,Esso or Mobil could ruin the engine.:chuckle

A vacuum leak will also increase your idle RPM. Wait a minute... I just had an epiphany - maybe I can market a vacuum leak as a performance adder. :W

CG

Wow, that's cool. I had an earth shattering experience this afternoon too. I went out to do some routine shopping using the daily driver. As I was doing up my seatbelt, my foot touched the gas pedal and I saw the idle rpm raise slighty.

I guess my foot must manufacture zMax and inject it into the engine by telekeniesamisness. I'm gonna be rich! :cool

Do they have any of that zmax left!!!!!!!:gap

That old ford dude might know what he is talking about. What does it do anyway? Does your engine run smoother?

Tell you what, I will put it in my 85 vette, somebody just send me a bottle.

I will get the wife to rub it on my butt, it is suppose to help with boils on your butt:Buttslap

Who uses Marvel Mystery Oil or Z-max in their Vette? Just wondering? Any results? Any thoughts?

I think you are BSing us! You say your car looks this good to this day( May)? How is that possible there is no leaves on the trees.:confused

Just yankin your chain:chuckle. Super clean C4, nice job!!!!!:thumb

the reality of it is Z MAX "would be good for your arthritis"..just like WD40..except better..
the cost would be prohibitive though....
does anyone here know how there refrigerator works?
how about your cell phone
or your TV?
we learn from God that we dont have to know how how something works to use it...
.remember what Joe Dirt's dad said
"nobody knows how a dodge posi trac works...it just does"....lol

That's the trouble with all these wonderful offers you get on TV or the WEB... they all require you to 'act now' or 'act fast' or 'be the first to act'...and I can't enjoy any of them...because I'm not an actor...

the reality of it is Z MAX "would be good for your arthritis"..just like WD40..except better..
the cost would be prohibitive though....
does anyone here know how there refrigerator works?
how about your cell phone
or your TV?
we learn from God that we dont have to know how how something works to use it...
.remember what Joe Dirt's dad said
"nobody knows how a dodge posi trac works...it just does"....lol

God told you to rub WD40 on your joints? WWJD?

I don't have to understand how something works, but I expect the manufacturer to know how it works, and to prove or demonstrate it instead of just paying a $1,000.000 fine for unproven claims. I love snake oil that ends up being the real deal - even STP improved viscosity enough to cut down on oil consumption.

We probably all are suckers for one pitch or another. That's half the fun of being a gearhead. How bout' those 8 electrode spark plugs!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom