Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's Going to Blooming Gold?

kgelliott

Corvette
2006 Victory Red Coupe
I have been reading about this and looked on their web page. Looks like a lot of fun and a pretty big gathering. I'd like to try it out this June (14th- 17th) and attend a day or two.
Anyone else going? Would be fun to run into some people I recognize from the CAC and meet face to face. :w

i have been to a couple, great fun and seeing some very nice cars. I bought many parts directly from the vendors and saved big $. when I was redoing the '73.
the technical session are helpful and taught bt knowledgable people.

I alway saw interesting cars. Go if you have the time.

Thanks Red73BB. I was hoping to hear from someone who has gone before. I think I'll enjoy it. I'm just going to look around as I'm not restoring or in need of any big mods. Just like to see Corvettes!
:beer

The SACC convention is at the Bloomington Gold show this year also. I should go but I have tickets to the Michigan NASCAR race on the 17th.

I'll be there on Saturday with Wyodude. We will be driving up from Kokomo Indiana.

I'll be traveling from the Dallas area by way of Rockford, Illinois, my hometown. Am really looking forward to getting out on the road in the Vette with the top off and NO ONE to complain about the wind or sun or whatever! Just me and my smile! Retirement begins next week just in time!
:Steer :w

Do the "out and back" rally...probably well over a thousand car attend.

Think I might make it this year.

I'm leaving Tues for BG, and will be there in time to make it to the show Fri. and Sat. I'm going to hang around Chi until it's time for CruiseFest, and hit it on the way home. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!;LOL

I hope you have a very good radar detector. Very easy to drive that Vette of yours faster than the posted speed limit.

BTW, Chicago is installing many red lite cameras. I believe the ticket is over $100.00 and almost impossible to beat. Some of the suburbs are doing the same.

Be safe!

SAVE THE :w

Cruise control - it's a good thing!:D

Had a Good Time

I had a good time at Bloomington Gold! Saw your car, catbert, but not you. The out and back Sat. evening cruise was a total delight!! What fun! As I left the staging area the traffic director told me I was #500! And, there were lots of Vettes behind me! That was so much fun. Especially the "wide spots" in the road where lots of spectators lined the road, demanding "burnouts" and wanting to see what we had!! All legal, of course, as they reminded us it would be the only time for that stuff! Yes, the leo's were OK with it. Never waved so much in my life!
Followed it up with a stop for an assembly plant tour and NCM visit in Bowling Green.
June07Trip058.jpg
June07Trip040.jpg
June07Trip054.jpg
June07Trip028.jpg
June07Trip023.jpg
June07Trip002.jpg
June07Trip009.jpg
June07Trip020.jpg
June07Trip060.jpg
June07Trip047.jpg

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom