Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whose Callaway on American Hot Rod?

shopview said:
There is another thread with more info on the Callaway Forum...

Threads now merged :m

shopview said:
Looked like he was going pretty fast at the finish compared to the Camaro but I could be wrong since Callaways look fast just sitting still :cool

Agreed - 191.5mph, standing still :eek :v :m

shopview said:
boostedmaxPSI -

when are you making the big purchase??? You need another toy!

Well... Just as SYTECH recently sold his GNX, I think the GN has to go! I'm not mature enough to have over 570tq on pump gas at the wheels:) Everytime I get in the GN I'm looking to punish someone- ...not cool!

Moving on... I've been lurking here for some time now waiting for the right B2K comes along for sale. I heard of a '96 Aero CE that the owner may be intrested in selling:) Or, I can just wait until SYTECH turnsover his new B2K from N.C. He'll be the first to tell you he only keeps a car for so long then he's off to the next project. Sounds a lot like me.

FS

Hmmm! that 141mph looks familar :)

boostedmaxPSI said:
Well... Just as SYTECH recently sold his GNX, I think the GN has to go! I'm not mature enough to have over 570tq on pump gas at the wheels:) Everytime I get in the GN I'm looking to punish someone- ...not cool!

Moving on... I've been lurking here for some time now waiting for the right B2K comes along for sale. I heard of a '96 Aero CE that the owner may be intrested in selling:) Or, I can just wait until SYTECH turnsover his new B2K from N.C. He'll be the first to tell you he only keeps a car for so long then he's off to the next project. Sounds a lot like me.

FS

Bastards.....Your All bastards......lol

Yeah I think Boosted has me pretty much pegged.....

I change my cars like a "Dying Man" would.....

Not that i'm terminal or anything, its just that there are alot of great cars out there that I want to experience while i'm still young enough and solvent enough to enjoy them.....Ha!

With the exception of the 2004 Crossfire (4 months), and the GNX (6 months), I was keeping most of my cars for about a year. I made some decent money early on when i sold my cars and it enabled me to just roll over the same money, but into another (more expensive) dream car

My wife doesn't ***** because I am not using new money.......its old money carefully invested into appreciable cars that i find at a good price and after spending some money to make them better, I have been lucky enough to sell most of them for a profit

I'm not counting the hundreds if not thousands of hours of my own personal time that i have spent doing the labor work to make these cars better....cause we all know that if we factor in those times, most cars are sold for a big loss.....lol

The money I make on each sale is not the motivator thou.........its the memories of the cars that i have owned and the joy they brought to me and others that got to share in my ownership

I have a 15.5 year old son that just got his learners permit (drivers license)

I would love to see him turn into the next generation of classic, performance, and sports car entusiasts

For the rest of his life he will always remember how I taught him to drive a 6 speed in a Twin Turbo Callaway Corvette. Money will be made, saved, spent, or lost.........but memories are forever

And boosted............#36 is always available for the right person....at the right price.........especially if that person had an 89 Aerobody / AUTOMATIC / Callaway Coupe that they wanted to trade

And, I really did like the new C6 Corvette that i test drove this weekend, so changes may be forthcoming

No matter what I do with #36, It will always be my 1st Corvette, and it will set the bar high for all future cars to surpass

P.S......#36 just hit 16,400 miles last Friday.........I have driven her just over 5000 miles in the past month......what a rush.........

Later everyone

Ray

Sounds like a lot of fun Ray. I have twin boys and the Saleen was a project that I bought while in California with SHOPVIEW when we dropped off his Callaway at Boyds.

My first Corvette was '88 midnight blue back in '92 when I lived in Hawaii. My wife and I moved to Washington State and took the '88 on a cross country drive before we had to sell it due to the twins coming in '95.

SHOPVIEW has been pushing the right buttons to get me back into a 'vette. If I do it's going to be a B2K, period! I thought about the ZR1 however, I'm neverous about future repairs.

I wish you and your new purchase all the best and if you do turn over the B2K quickly keep me in mind:)

Frank

*89x2* said:
Is this show on again in repeats??I missed the action :(

You missed nothing other than Dwayne getting his azz handed to him by a race prepped Camaro. Why anyone would pair a 6-Speed Callaway with street tires against a 1st Gen Camaro set up for drag racing in an 1/8th mile contest is completely beyond me. The way it showed on TV the Camaro was probably on the return road before the Callaway crossed the finish. It might have been closer with a better driver but still a complete mismatch.

What I'd like to know is why they specifically refrained from calling the Corvette a "Callaway" and went as far as blurring out the Callaway name on the back of the Aerobody every time it was visible in a camera shot?

And in answer to your original question - Yes, episodes of American Hot Rod are repeated periodically. Sometimes they even have "marathons".

I think it was all in the name of fun harassing Duane's driviing ability...even when he had the more powerful car.

Everything is embellishment and acting on tv...cameras can make anything seem much faster or much slower...late or early...loud or quiet....but never black and white :eyerole

I just wish it had been 1/4 mile :) with good tires and a driver used to the car's abililty or better yet and autocross race......then the Camaro would still be on the first lap and the Callaway halfway home on a truck.

In checking again, the "Callaway" on the car was not blurred out in any of the scenes (just played it back to verify) just the license plate for privacy reasons. Why they didn't call it a Callaway? Who knows but these guys are hot rod guys (excellent at paint, body, and chassis work) not Callaway fanatics like us...

Personnally, I thought it was very funny but a sad outcome. I appreciated the sarcasm at the end that the "better car" won.....although he said he had a million excuses he would have to come up with ;LOL

90Callaway said:
What I'd like to know is why they specifically refrained from calling the Corvette a "Callaway" and went as far as blurring out the Callaway name on the back of the Aerobody every time it was visible in a camera shot?

Callaway probably called them and said "if lameazz is going to drive like that, don't let them know its our car" :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom