Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why buy a C3?

Chris ~ kinda late getting in on this as haven't been around for a while, but the reason you get a SHARK is because you get mezmorized by it's looks. If you're after hi-tech, then you look at the 4's or 5's. Anything you buy will require that it be smogged, but remember that we are in Tuolumne County...no smog tests to get your tags :s !!!
Up through '79, no computers to deal with. The 1980 305 has a computer controlled carb, I believe due to the Calif Smog Nazis.
The bumper cars might be a bit pricey for a driver, but it depends on your budget. Seems like a lot of decent prices for the 75-81's and although they aren't the smoothest riding, nobody can mistake it for what it is. :cool
If money was no object, I'd like a Mallet396, but it was, and still is so I have no problem with my 80. Hell, I'd keep the 80 regardless even if I get another Vette later on because it's a shark. Nothing will look better. Period.
Let me know how your search goes.

My C3 is my main driver and have drove it since 93 it has over 160k. Many might disappove but I drive my 80 through the winter as it handles fairly well in the snow giving enough to make it fun but unlike my 96 it remains controllable. I can not speak about the early C4 but the later ones have 0 controll in snow.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom