Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why did GM quit making the white Z06?

R

Rick Daniel

Just got in a white 01 Z06. this is a beautiful Z why did the Gen stop making them? If I`m not wrong they were only 352 made.

01_white_used_coupe_jpeg.JPG

Maybe sales weren't as high as say black/red/silver and blue. Personally, Electron Blue and Black are the best ZO6 colors. I think the magnetic red would look killer aswell, but i like the darker metallic colors on 'em. But, no matter what the color, you can't complain when you've got a Z-oh-6 :upthumbs

dont forget mellenium yellow

its the best in my opinion

White has gone like the wind!

According the ending year figures there were more white Z06 still unsold than any other color (by a large margain).

It seems like someone said, ...It did not sell very well. Honestly, when we think of performance cars, we think Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, and Corvettes. Reds and yellows jump to the front with color schemes with regards to sales with the manufacturers I have listed here. Bright colors call out to other drivers...Look at my car! Blacks and silvers say that I am more conservative but "watch me go fast too!".

Personally, I like white. It should be noted that finding a very low mileage Z06 in white is very difficult. They also bring more dollars on the used car market than any other color.

In case anyone is interested, Maxie Price Chevy in Loganville Georgia has a low mileage 2001 Z06 they took in trade and the asking price is $40,000. It is looking like that this color will be the rare one in this model line in the days ahead (especially with black inrerior). Currently, all other colors are selling in the $35,000 to $36,000 range.

Stan

Yep Stan you are right. We do have this Z and we have had it for sometime now. I thought it would not last but a few days. It is a beautiful Z and worth the money. :)

If I was buying one, it would be a white one just for the uniquiness....oh yeah, and the fun factor:D.

- Eric :w

Sorry to those that have these colors, but blah @ red, and blah @ yellow.

Sorry, i've just go something against those two colors. Mag Red Metallic, is one i could actually own, but i'd MUCH rather have EBM, NBM or Black. I'm a fan of the darker colors, esp metallics. :D...that, and forget letting the cops see you....red and yellow stand out guys, come on lol. Just my .02

Also w/ the white, you dont see a lot of white vehicles.....no matter what. Most people say it shows dirt and grime too well, and others just dont have the patience to clean it, like they should. I've also heard a few complaints w/ GMs white not "looking" flush, or looking like even on the cars. Could just be some minor differences, but thats just what i heard.

White has never been a good mover for GM for the Vettes. I personally like it alot, but I guess I am not in the majority.

SCS

In Florida, White is a very popular color on all cars... the color relfects the sun well... Every service vehicle seems to come in white too... Maybe that is why I don't like white... Although, the 35th ann. and the triple white vettes of 92 and 93 looked great... too bad chevy can't figure out how to put white inside a car anymore:(

White is popular color in South Carolina too. It's got to be because of the heat. To me nothing looks better than a CLEAN white vette.Thats why I spend almost all of my spare time cleaning the vette. :gap

People do think white is too hard to keep clean , but they're wrong . I've had several white cars lately , along with a black and now a Dark Bowling Green car . The green is hard to keep clean . The black is impossible ! Cliff

Your right about a black car. My Son use to have a black Firebird and it whipped him. He gave up and it looked bad . When he did wax it up Boy did it look good. So, I want a black Corvette and a guy to clean it ! :_rock

DkBG said:
People do think white is too hard to keep clean , but they're wrong . I've had several white cars lately , along with a black and now a Dark Bowling Green car . The green is hard to keep clean . The black is impossible ! Cliff

When your right your right..whites among the easiest to keep clean. I've had various white cars and SUV's for years..

In my opinion..the white ZO6 was cancelled not because it doesn't look great in real life but because it doesn't photograph well in the catalogs..

Is the white worth more than red/black/silver..?

That I doubt at this point ..maybe down the road but not now..

I would suggest anyone looking for a very sharp ZO6 consider white..

On the road its extremely impressive and sharp..

Ling_650vette said:
Also w/ the white, you dont see a lot of white vehicles.....no matter what. Most people say it shows dirt and grime too well, and others just dont have the patience to clean it, like they should. I've also heard a few complaints w/ GMs white not "looking" flush, or looking like even on the cars. Could just be some minor differences, but thats just what i heard.

I currently have two white cars.
They are the easiest to keep clean (from showing the dirt and dust)

The down side is when all waxed up the reward is not as good as black cars.

I have a black Corvette, and let me tell you, I have to clean it almost once a week. I do drive it every day, so it unfortunately goes in rain, etc... and it gets dirty.

But, when I wax it, it looks SHARP !!!

I feel white just doesn't catch the light, it doesn't show well. I think that is why white is not very popular on Corvettes.

Sorry, for all you white Corvette owners.

John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom