Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: why does the power seats slide back and forth.

Add my thanks, Patrick - I have the same thing ('98 red convertible w/ black top, too!) and this has been bugging me since I got the car 2+ years ago. Since it's going back to the dealer for an unrelated problem, I will get the seat fixed now! :)

I recently purchased a "C5 Seat Repair Kit" from a reputable vendor. The kit includes 4 new spacers and 2 tools to take the seat tracks apart and also some detailed instructions. Haven't tried the repair yet (weathers too nice!) I will post results when complete.

I recently purchased a "C5 Seat Repair Kit" from a reputable vendor. The kit includes 4 new spacers and 2 tools to take the seat tracks apart and also some detailed instructions. Haven't tried the repair yet (weathers too nice!) I will post results when complete.
I just did this to my '98 a couple weeks ago. Haven't been able to drive it yet to see the difference but they do not go back and forth now. Getting some new wheels and I sold the old ones so the car is on jack stands at the moment. This is a pretty easy fix. I was intimidated but after I got started, it was rather easy. Took all of about an hour to do both seats. I think I know what kit you are using as I probably bought the same one.

Hada68.... Where does one get a "C5 Seat Repair Kit".......?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

DadsC5,
There is a known Technical Service Bulletin for the 'rocking seat' phenomena in 1997-2002 C5s. Here's a brief summary from the CAC's Knowledgebase: CLICK.

Hope this helps!

-Patrick

"Rocking seat phenomena in 1997-2002 C5s" - I take that to mean that Chevy fixed the problem in 2003, so I don't have to worry about this in my 2004. Is this an incorrect assumption?

"Rocking seat phenomena in 1997-2002 C5s" - I take that to mean that Chevy fixed the problem in 2003, so I don't have to worry about this in my 2004. Is this an incorrect assumption?
MAYBE........ the date of the service bulletin is April 2002, so the fix was out before the 2003 models came out, but the service bulletin also lists a VIN breakpoint which could mean that "late 2002, and 2003 up" don't have the problem.
Andy

MAYBE........ the date of the service bulletin is April 2002, so the fix was out before the 2003 models came out, but the service bulletin also lists a VIN breakpoint which could mean that "late 2002, and 2003 up" don't have the problem.
Andy

Fullback,
The short answer to your question is what Navy2kCoupe said: 'Maybe.' I've certainly heard of instances where 2003 and 2004 C5s had the rocking seat phenomenon occur. While I don't know if it's down to the same reason that generated the '02 Service Bulletin, I'd have to guess the causes would be at least similar.

-Patrick

Patrick and Navy2K -- appreciate the answer. It's funny as I had never really paid much attention to how I got in and out of War Pony. After reading this thread, I certain am now. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom