Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why the stick shift's days may be numbered

Which type of transmission do you prefer and why?

• Automatic

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Manual

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
The whole car industry in the age of millennials is turning into cookie cutter little pip squeak cars, with people driving them that are as mechanically inclined as a house plant! hahaha

To me it is very sad. As we are a couple of weeks away from Barrett Jackson Scottsdale, I fear that the Boomer generation will be the last to actually see cars as something to be proud of and actually love to own. Kids now are point A to point B and could care less how they get there!

To me this is very sad!

A sports car like a Vette/Camaro is meant to be driven. Part of that is shifting gears. A standard is a must! But a luxury Cadillac/Buick is for a smooth comfortable ride, Automatics are more suited for them!

no stick here - I'm 'very' connected to my Rosler tranny and 3200 Vigilante torque conv lol

2001 Lingenfelter C5 LS2

I am pretty sure that 3 pedal vehicles will probably go away, mostly because of CAFE since a computer cannot shift a 3 pedal manual transmission during a validation test cycle. But beware, torque converter automatics and ESPECIALLY computer shifted manual transmissions are not cheap to service or repair. Out of warranty a 3 pedal manual shifted transmission will begin to look like a bargain........:)

"LLC5" gets the New Year's Day "Beacon of Reality" Award

P.S.: Just wait until GM V8 performance cars and light trucks are all using the new 10-spd auto.

At last count, just 3.9 percent of cars sold in U.S. were built with manual transmissions, but in the rest of the world, manual transmissions are still overwhelmingly the top choice. In Europe and Japan, for example, more than 80 percent of cars sold have manual transmissions.
Manual vs. Automatic Transmissions: Who's Winning? - Quoted

Statistics are interesting.. :chuckle

This time around I wanted another Roadster & a Stick .I voted either or tho since I had both .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom