- Oct 27, 2020
- Ventura County, California
- 2004 Z06
Daytona winning 2014 Corvette C7.R No. 3 Factory Race Car from Pratt & Miller could be yours!We've all heard the rumors about how the upcoming C8 Corvette Z06 will be a "race car for the streets", but why wait for one of those when you could have a real Corvette factory race car with a REAL racing pedigree!
Offered for sale on the Bring a Trailer auction site by Fantasy Junction in California, the 2014 Corvette C7.R chassis #C7RGT-003 factory race car won the Rolex 24 at Daytona and the Twelve hours of Sebring in 2015 and competed in the 2014 and 2015 24 Hours of Le Mans.
From the seller:
Welcome race fans to our auction.
It’s a genuine pleasure to present this amazing race car to this community. Not only is it a Daytona winning car, the team at P&M are simply the most capable and astonishing group of racecar builders and trackside magicians you will ever experience on the track. The dedication and support alongside the might of GM delivers jaw-dropping performance with top level results.
Every aspect of this car leaves you shaking your head in dismay, marveling at the details, each with specific purpose, solely focused on peak performance. The car is superlative in every respect.
Along with the car comes a voluminous amount of spares valued at six figures alone.
The car is here with us at our Emeryville, CA showroom. Please use the “contact seller” button to reach us with questions or to schedule an appointment to see this car in person.
From the listing:
This 2014 Chevrolet Corvette is one of seven C7.R GT factory racing cars constructed by Pratt & Miller Engineering for endurance competition in the IMSA Tudor United SportsCar Championship series. After participating in two seasons, chassis #C7RGT-003 accumulated ten top-five finishes, including class victories at the 53rd Rolex 24 at Daytona and the 63rd Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring. The car was also campaigned by Chevrolet at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2014 and 2015, and it later competed in the 2017 and 2019 HSR Classic 24 Hour at Daytona. Wearing its yellow and black livery from 2014–2015, the car is powered by a recently rebuilt 5.5-liter V8 paired with a six-speed sequential transaxle. Additional features include widened and lowered carbon-fiber bodywork as well a race-prepared cockpit, contemporary safety equipment, an AP Racing brake system, and 18″ BBS center-lock wheels. This C7.R race car was recently delivered from Pratt & Miller to the selling dealer for consignment, and it is now offered in California on a bill of sale with a dyno report, manufacturer documentation, and a spares package.
- January 25–26, 2014 – Rolex 24 at Daytona; Florida – Did not finish
- March 15, 2014 – Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring; Florida – Finished 8th
- April 12, 2014 – Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach; California – Finished 1st
- May 4, 2014 – Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix; California – Finished 1st
- June 14–15, 2014 – 24 Hours of Le Mans; France – Finished 4th
- June 29, 2014 – Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen; New York – Finished 1st
- July 13, 2014 – Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix; Ontario, Canada – Finished 1st
- July 25, 2014 – Brickyard Grand Prix; Indiana – Finished 4th
- August 10, 2014 – Continental Tire Road Race Showcase; Wisconsin – Finished 6th
- August 24, 2014 – Oak Tree Grand Prix at VIR; Virginia – Finished 7th
- September 20, 2014 – Lone Star Le Mans; Texas – Finished 9th
- October 4, 2014 – Petit Le Mans; Georgia – Finished 8th
- January 24–25, 2015 – Rolex 24 at Daytona; Florida – Finished 1st
- March 21, 2015 – Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring; Florida – Finished 1st
- April 18, 2015 – Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach; California – Finished 3rd
- May 3, 2015 – Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix; California – Finished 7th
- June 13–14, 2015 – 24 Hours of Le Mans; France – Did not start
- August 9, 2015 – Continental Tire Road Race Showcase; Wisconsin – Finished 4th
- August 23, 2015 – Oak Tree Grand Prix at VIR; Virginia – Finished 6th
- September 19, 2015 – Lone Star Le Mans; Texas – Finished 6th
- October 3, 2015 – Petit Le Mans; Georgia – Finished 6th
It's too bad that the No. 3 Corvette C7.R doesn't find a parking spot in the National Corvette Museum.
It could be be an impressive exhibit for Corvette racing fans to see and the NCM could occasionally take it out for a lap or two at the NCM Motorsports Park during track events.
Being the occasional weekend track monster that I am, if I had the money, I'd be damn proud to scoop up this incredible icon of Corvette Racing history. Alas, it's just not in the cards for me, but it could be yours with the right bid!
Source: Bring a Trailer