Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why waste $$$ to make your car louder?

FlipSide

Now that I'm on my second vette, I've got the bug to put an exhaust system on it.
But whenever I tell a friend, a colleague, or my wife that I want to spend 1200 to 1500 bucks to make my car louder, they look at me like I'm short a couple of lug nuts.
All they can say is...
"Uh...WHY do you want to do that???"
And I have no good answer for them.;shrug

Now that I'm on my second vette, I've got the bug to put an exhaust system on it.
But whenever I tell a friend, a colleague, or my wife that I want to spend 1200 to 1500 bucks to make my car louder, they look at me like I'm short a couple of lug nuts.
All they can say is...

Then why not take on a real challenge. Try to improve performance by reducing exhaust restriction with little or no increase in noise.

It ain't easy nor is it possible in all situations, but it's been done.

Corsa X pipe and Corsa pace car exhaust.It sounds a lot better than the factory system.

Here's your answer: "Because I can!"

Bassani true X-pipe and Corsa Touring Tiger Shark exhaust.

- Eric:w

All they can say is...

Sounds like you are not too sure of yourself.:confused

Get a Corsa Touring and have the best of both worlds.

All they can say is...

I have to agree with 67 on this one....then again, you have a C5 and I have a C3.

LOUD pipes allow the car to sound the way it should- like a rabid shark. I owned a C3 with side pipes... then a C5 without them... and now a C3 with side pipes again.

DSCF0259.jpg

I like a quiet car
the cops aren't waiting for me that way :beer

Corsa X pipe and Corsa pace car exhaust.It sounds a lot better than the factory system.

:w:w:wHey Jay, I have the Corsa pace car exhaust, but with out the X pipe. You talk about a sweet sounding car, it's beyond my expectations. What does the X pipe do for you? Isn't the factory standard equipment a crossover H pipe? I don't see where the X can change it much.;shrugScott:beer

We will comapre the two when we do the Dragon.I think it took the motor boat sound out,but I put the X pipe and exhaust on at the same time.It will be good to have a live compairson.The reason I did both at the same time is that I read so many forums that said that is the way to go.I am very pleased with mine and so is my 17 year old nephew.

We will comapre the two when we do the Dragon.I think it took the motor boat sound out,but I put the X pipe and exhaust on at the same time.It will be good to have a live compairson.The reason I did both at the same time is that I read so many forums that said that is the way to go.I am very pleased with mine and so is my 17 year old nephew.

:w I can relate to that, my 14yr old grandson, went nuts over the over the car and of course the noise was right up his alley. We had a great time when he came a visited with me for a week, about 3 weeks ago, and it was the first time he had seen the new vette, and we drove all over with the top down. Really a hoot. I am anxious to hear the sound difference, because I asked some questions about adding the X pipe, but they said for the money difference I wouldn't be gaining anything, except now you say it makes yours sound different. I guess it can be added on if I want to. They did that at the CCF07 at the Corvette Center on Mod day. Didn't they? Really looking forward to the Dragon with you guys. I got me a new Garmin GPS so I could find O'Charley's, it is really fantastic.:upthumbs Scott:beer

I have a small shop in my garage; air compressor; 9,000lbs lift I try to do as much as I can.I am lucky to have friends that own(1/4 mile) race cars and own there own shops and I lean on them for support and they come through time and time again;I am lucky and I know it.I have good support from the local parts stores; KOI and Auto Zone have been good to me.

All they can say is...
Tell them because it p@##$# you off when you pull up to a light next to a stock mustang and it sounds a whole lot better than your 50K car. Its the one thing ford has figured out a whole lot better than GM, exhaust note. Corsa pace car on my C5, stock exhaust (for now) on my 07 Z06 johnm

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom