Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WIDEST RIMS AND TIRES

WONKABOY

I want to put 17 inch rims all around but i do not want them sticking out past the wheels wells, what size tires and rims are the widest i can use so it looks okay?

Thanks, RICK

255 front and 275 back, maybe 295 in the back when you relocate the parking brake bracket on the trailingarm.
I wonder if you have many choices in 17" rims other then the TT2 rims without putting in massive spacers... :)

Groeten Peter.

Peer81 said:
255 front and 275 back, maybe 295 in the back when you relocate the parking brake bracket on the trailingarm.
I wonder if you have many choices in 17" rims other then the TT2 rims without putting in massive spacers... :)

Groeten Peter.

THANK YOU , OH YES THERES PLENTY OUT THERE FOR THE C3
GO TO BOYD CODDINGTON .COM

Another Alternative

Peer81 said:

Groeten Peter.

Hey WONKABOY
As Peter said the parking brake (e brake) bracket needs moving for wide rims.
See www.corvettefaq.com, type in morebite for pdf article on this.

Another alternative is offset trailing arms, gives another 2" of positive rim space, avalible Corvette America etc etc.

Good Luck

:beer Grant

kiwi vet said:
Hey WONKABOY
As Peter said the parking brake (e brake) bracket needs moving for wide rims.
See www.corvettefaq.com, type in morebite for pdf article on this.

Another alternative is offset trailing arms, gives another 2" of positive rim space, avalible Corvette America etc etc.

Good Luck

:beer Grant

Hey thanks for the great link!!

Rick

I put 255R15 on the front and 295R15 on the back. no moving anything. When its up in the air at the tire store it will hit the shock mounts and the emergency break bracket but when you drop it and let the suspension even out it clears fine. Atleast on mine it does. As for them sticking out they dont on the top of the fender but as the fender curves in towards the body they stick out alot. Look mean as heck too. Just sucks when you get caught in a little rain cause it slings water all over.

Hey Rick,
Stick with the 255X60 with the stock 15" aluminum mags.
They look good, still get many compliments on how she looks.

I have had then on my 81 for 19+years now. Have NEVER had
it aligned and she tracks straight. No uneven tire wear - nothing!!!
Well let's say I did BLISTER the tires once but that was cause I went
from Northern California to San Diego in 5 hrs - 37 minutes.
(It's normally a 9 - 10 hour drive)
I do mean BLISTERED !!!! Very STUPID but FAST!!!!

I believe Yoda has the same size on his beloved RARE81 !!!!

I made a set of side skirts out of rubber that fit well.
Hides the frame on the side and made a bracket that wrapped around the front wheel well which is like a splash guard. Keeps the rocks and other debris from the side of the Vette. Also makes it look like you lowered the car but it's an illusion.

Howie...

WONKABOY said:
I want to put 17 inch rims all around but i do not want them sticking out past the wheels wells, what size tires and rims are the widest i can use so it looks okay?

Thanks, RICK

i run 255/50/17's on the front on a 17x8 boyd coddington starburst rim and 275/50/17 on the back with a 17x9.5 rear rim but removed the ebrake bracket also and a mild flare,255/50/17 all the way around should be fine for you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom