Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will color change affect price?

Brianjt1987 said:
i actually had one pseudo-intellectual ncrs judge tell me he didn't consider c4's as real corvettes, and that my 85 was only good for a work car.

That "judge" had his head up his A$$. The C4 saved Corvette. If he knew anything, he would know that GM was seriously cosidering putting the Vette out to pasture after the C3 (the later ones are a pretty pathetic excuse for a sports car. I can say that because I had several & they couldn't hold a candle to the C4). I'm a big fan of all Corvette's and have been since I was knee high to a hubcap, but it really gets my going when I here this crap about the C4 being the bottom of the Corvette food chain. The C4 was a milestone when it came out, and it restored people's pride in American built sports cars and it will always be a favorite of mine. :mad

The C4 is a good vehicle for a color change because you don't have to worry about the engine compartment & trunk. I'd say, it's your car, paint it whatever color you want.;)

I could not agree more. The C4 is a great Corvette. The C3's are on the bottom of my food chain. They perform poorly, they are not very comfortable to ride in, the styling is too over the top for me, etc. But I certainly respect the C3's as well as all the Corvettes; we all have our favorites. I just can't stand snootiness in the Corvette world. The NCRS correct restoration and the trailer queen are just not for me. They can have it, but just don't be self-righteous about it. My car is a daily driver, it sees autocross, and is drag raced regularly. I respect function and performance. If that means it is not stock, so be it. If I did not have a C5, I suspect that a C4 would be one of my top choices.

Robert said:
My '84 needs a paint job and friend who has painted many cars of his own has agreed to help me.

It is Light Bronze now. The color is OK, but not one I would pick if I were buying new.

I saw this website :
http://www.areddy.net/vettepaint/

and I love the color this guy painted his black Vette.

My only concern is what will changing to a different color than original do to the value of the car in later years?? I know a good un-original paint job is worth more than an original one gone bad.

Or is that flawed reasoning??

Robert

Hey, that's my website! cool!

If you want the exact color for that, I'll try and dig up the color code.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom